Picture review of the Conquest June 3-8 Sailing

bluejay555

"here was something called a "Mobile Passport" line in customs that a few lucky people were allowed to go through, and apparently there's an app that customs is testing out and Port Everglades is one of the test sites. If you search mobile passport on here, you should be able to find a thread about it and possibly sign up online. Might make debarkation go more smoothly? Have a wonderful cruise!! "

We have also found if you grab a porter to take your luggage thru customs, they whisk you right thru. All it cost is a tip to the porter. Thanks for mentioning the mobile app, forgot I had downloaded it just for this purpose. Can you tell me what pier Conquest left from? the mobile app asks for that info.

Pat

Expand Signature

We have also found if you grab a porter to take your luggage thru customs, they whisk you right thru. All it cost is a tip to the porter.

Unless things have changed, that useful "trick" doesn't work at Port Everglades/Ft. Lauderdale because porters don't have a separate line. We had to wait in line, with our porter, for 40 minutes, just like everyone else. :(

It DOES work at PortMiami, where they DO have a separate "fast" line for porters. Seems only right because they're dependent on customer tips.

We were on the same sailing. We got a porter who told us we should download the mobile customs app--now. We did as we headed toward the line. It was very easy to download and fill in the information. It took maybe 2 minutes. The porter whisked us out of the long line and into the express line for the mobile customs. In and out--done!

Some pictures from dinner.....

Delish! I can't remember the name exactly, but I think it was a sweet and sour chicken appetizer

IMG_1075_zpsipqukae6.jpg

Escargot was wonderful

IMG_1076_zpswsxdkmdi.jpg

lasagna: now this was very good, but the meat was ground so fine that it has a weird texture.

IMG_1077_zpsah1ozxl7.jpg

A magician came to our table and did some card tricks. He asked Josie to help him (funny, I noticed most carnival people gravitated toward her instead of Sara. I guess Sara looks too old now to be considered a "kid" ? She would have enjoyed all the kid stuff/attention though, she definitely hasn't entered that "too cool for school" stage yet lol)

Anyway, the magician had Josie make a mark on the card with a sharpie. She drew that big dot on the top, gave it back, and of course it kept ending up in weird, impossible-seeming places. He was a really talented guy.

IMG_1078_zpsq3rgkiu6.jpg

He signed the back and gave her the card to keep

IMG_1079_zpsgaswsuxl.jpg

Tomorrow is our sea day! It will be nice to just relax on the ship all day!

IMG_1080_zps0kgnaee1.jpg

This was my 1st time trying escargot! And I have to say it was very delicious!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 4 weeks later...