Picture review of the Conquest June 3-8 Sailing

bluejay555

First night in the dining room! I took food pictures here and there, but not of every single dish through the week. I thought for the most part the food was great. Our wait staff, lead by Robert, was excellent. They went above and beyond to make sure we were happy. Like for instance, there was no fruit plate on the appetizer menu but they were happy to bring one to Josie, my 10 yr old. They cut up the kids' steak every time it was ordered. If we didn't eat much of something, they'd notice, and offer to replace it (most of the time we didn't eat something because there was too much food, not because it was bad!). Come to find out, on the last night, the Maitre D announced for us to go online and rate our wait team because they were having a contest. The team with the highest rating got a day off. Aha! That explains it! lol no, I'm sure they are always that attentive, even without motivation ;)

chicken quesadilla was really good!

IMG_0719_zpszdvvjuwx.jpg

The beef brisket was my favorite meal, I think. It's hard to choose a fave, but I think this was it!

IMG_0722_zpsczvawwcc.jpg

After dinner we went to the lido deck to watch the movie Boss Baby at the Seaside Theater. Josie wanted to float in the pool and watch. So guess who got stuck blowing up this giant floatie???

IMG_0724_zpssfj6i3ty.jpg

IMG_0729_zpssrslsm2x.jpg

The movie was kind of ridiculous and it was super windy and cool on deck. They didn't stay in the pool very long. You can check out blankets at the towel booth during movies though, so that was nice! It gets surprisingly cool on deck in the middle of the tropics!

IMG_0730_zpsnjtzgmwf.jpg

I will talk about our state room before moving on to day two....Nassau!

We were in room 7932 and had 2 twin beds, the convertible couch and a bunk bed. It was a great location toward the back of the ship and right by a set of elevators. We spent a LOT of time on our balcony and I have to admit, I really missed the cove balcony we've had the past 3 cruises. I love being closer to the water. I did like being on the 7th floor vs the 2nd though, so it's a trade-off. We ordered coffee room service every morning by filling out a room service card and hanging it on our door every night before bed. We would ask it to be delivered between 6:30-7am and it always arrived on time. The first morning, the lady tried to say a tip wasn't necessary, which was nice, but we gave a couple bucks every morning.

The latch on our bathroom door was broken (like you could see under the handle there was a piece missing) and the only way to get the door to stay latched was to lock it. Luckily we aren't too worried about privacy and it didn't matter, but I could see it being a problem for some. I was kind of surprised they weren't making any attempts to fix it??

The room got a bit warm at night, but nothing unbearable. I did hear people complain their rooms were too hot. Of course we had one outlet....and I forgot my extension cord! The outlet was super loose too. Like the plug would fall right out. So we had to prop a big water bottle in front of it to hold it in.

And sometimes the bathroom faucet would only shoot out scalding hot water. It was weird!

All these things were no big deal in the grand scheme of things and didn't really bother us, I just thought they were worth mentioning.

Oh, and one more thing about the balcony. There were 4 of us and only 2 chairs, so we took the ottoman out there and asked Putu for another ottoman. He brought one right away and that way we had seats for all 4 of us!

Enjoying your review. We will be on the Conquest next April. It seems so far away but we are all so excited already. Subscribing

Thanks! It will be here before you know it! And half the fun is researching and planning :)

We were on the same ship. As I don't recall your faces. I do remember seeing that float in the pool![emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Haha! That's too funny! We told her it was obnoxious for that size pool, but she wanted to try it out. And speaking of pool floaties, I really like how Carnival has put a life jacket stand by the pool area. I saw lots of children using them, and Josie even tried one out for a while. On our past few cruises, I've had to pack a life jacket for her because she couldn't touch anywhere in the pool. Nice move, Carnival!

It's NASSAU day!!! My mom and I got up between 6:30 and 7am every morning to have coffee on the balcony, so we watched the ship dock.

Now here's a question....we docked next to the Victory, but then proceeded to watch it take off. Does the Victory dock there overnight? I couldn't figure out why it would be leaving at like 9am??

IMG_0740_zpsyoxzvphy.jpg

We had excursion tix for Blue Lagoon Island at 10:30am. We were told to meet in the Toulouse-Lautrec lounge at 9:45. Well we were getting antsy because we got there early and thought we'd have a long wait, but they actually took us off the ship at 10am. We had to walk quite a ways to meet our water taxi that took us to the island. The walk there was nice. The walk back was not (vendors everywhere, women wanting to hair-braid....locals were in our face) But anyway, So yeah. We got on the boat and it was about a 15 min ride to the island. Very scenic.

IMG_0752_zpsqcresz6k.jpg

OK, so I bought a selfie-stick for the cruise and took lots of goofy pictures with it. I'm still learning how to use it properly lol....

IMG_0753_zpsotgbrbl9.jpg

We were next to the Disney Dream. Looked like a pretty cool ship! It was just us and then a Royal Caribbean ship that looked like it was about ready for the scrapyards. I wish I could remember the name of it. It was so rusty and dated looking.

IMG_0757_zpscotmbi5b.jpg

Atlantis view was great from the boat ride. My husband and I toured it many years ago and it seems like a great place....just a little pricey and commercialized.

IMG_0761_zpsraohdisn.jpg

We love the Conquest, great start.

Thanks!

Can't wait for the rest of your review! We cruise on our first ever cruise in Jan. 2018. Sailing out of NO on the Dream!

What camera did you use? Your photos are beautiful.

Thank you! Most pictures were taken with my iphone 7plus, but the pictures around the water were taken with a point and shoot Nikon waterproof camera. You will LOVE the Dream, and sailing down the Mississippi is so interesting to just sit and watch.

We bought this excursion through Carnival, I want to say it was $75 for adults, $65 for children? That price included use of the beach and lunch. We had to purchase tickets to the water inflatables, which was $16 per kid. Not a terrible price, but for $65 we felt the water inflatables should have been included. Oh well, no biggie. They were actually hard to use because the water was just deep enough that you had to have really good upper body strength to hoist yourself up onto them. We went out to give Josie a boost and the lifeguard tweeted his whistle at us and told us to get out...oops! They do monitor carefully for people who aren't wearing lifejackets or wrist bands!

IMG_0767_zpstwwger9s.jpg

IMG_0769_zpswlo4jxs6.jpg

IMG_0770_zpsayq5dqhy.jpg

waterproof%20camera%202017%20091_zpshbixkrha.jpg

The water was murky there, it was not pretty at all. Now it was overcast a good part of the day and the water might have been prettier in full sun, but even the bottom was squishy, slippery, slimy mud, like 'squishing between your toes making you completely grossed out with every step' type mud. The only other place I've encountered that is Starfish Island in Belize. But anyway, we weren't overly impressed with the beauty of the place....although how can you not love a BEACH?? I mean, I could have been at work, or cleaning my house, but I was in the Bahamas!!! So we soaked it up and enjoyed every bit :)

IMG_0771_zpshj52aleb.jpg

Really enjoying your review, looking forward to more. Your girls are so cute. How nice to cruise with your mom. The Victory does an overnight in Nassau on a 3 day cruise I believe.

Thanks so much! And that explains the Victory departing as we were arriving!

Floaties are free and you can choose from tubes, noodles, or rafts. That was nice!

waterproof%20camera%202017%20105_zpseod240kn.jpg

There was a little bar close to the beach and I don't remember prices but it was about what you'd expect on an island....not too out of line. They made virgin daquiris, had soda, plus full bar drink menu. Not sure if they had any US domestic beers. The margaritas were good with lots of salt!

waterproof%20camera%202017%20097_zpswianxukt.jpg

IMG_0772_zpsvkgddhhv.jpg

That's the bar.....the large building behind it and to the left is where we ate. They gave us lunch tickets that we could cash in whenever we got hungry. I'll post more about that in a bit.

IMG_0773_zpsmdqfrjxk.jpg

Enjoying your review so far! We are going on the Conquest in October (2nd sailing after dry dock). Looking forward to the rest of your review.

P.S. We are also from Missouri. Independence MO. :D

Enjoying your review so far! We are going on the Conquest in October (2nd sailing after dry dock). Looking forward to the rest of your review.

We will also be on the Conquest Oct 22nd.

So I am enjoying this review too!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We will also be on the Conquest Oct 22nd.

So I am enjoying this review too!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for following! Have a great cruise!!

OK, we're on the opposite side of the state, closer to St Louis :) I'll be curious to see pictures of the ship after dry dock!

OK, not the best angle, but there was a dolphin chain-link fenced in under this narrow

decking. You can see its fin near the bottom of the picture. It kept swimming back and forth and jumping just high enough so it didn't hit the deck above it. VERY SAD. I hope they let it out into the larger area eventually.

IMG_0774_zpsah5jhb51.jpg

We took the 3pm boat back to the pier and they dumped us off in an unfamiliar area. Everyone sort of wandered through a bunch of vendors. We weren't far from the ship, but it still seemed like a sketchy place.

IMG_0777_zpshaamyzza.jpg

IMG_0780_zpsbpjhnca4.jpg

This was elegant night in the dining room so we "dressed up" lol meaning black pants and a silky shirt, and the girls wore dresses. We aren't fancy people and don't really like getting dressed up (well, Josie does, but she's the odd one out!). There were actually people in the dining room wearing cutoff jean shorts that barely covered their butt, so maybe we were really fancy afterall lol

IMG_0792_zpsda2nhhwu.jpg

No lobster on this night! I guess on 5 night cruises they don't do lobster? It was no biggie, lobster is not something I really HAVE to have. Funny, but in my opinion, this was the worst menu of the cruise. Usually on elegant night, I can't narrow down what to order. In this case, I had to decide what to settle on.

IMG_0795_zpsbqmw7xkd.jpg

IMG_0805_zpsezboneld.jpg

I got a $50 gift card to the spa because my birthday is during the cruise! Just an fyi though, if you plan on using it, book your spa treatment in advance. The card expired in 2 days and I tried to get a pedicure ($70 so I would have only had to pay $20 plus tip...what a deal!) but they were all booked up. I could have had a massage but decided there was not a good time for it. It would have worked out better for me if I could have used the gift card on a sea day. Oh well!

IMG_0806_zpsdgwrxokp.jpg

We made our annual stop at Cherry on Top. Here are the prices for the bulk candy in case you're curious!

IMG_0804_zpsprnmerbv.jpg