Car rental at port of miami

retiredtoday

We need to rent 2 cars after we get off ship in Miami. We have a tight schedule (need to be at palm beach airport at 1:30) Would we be better off getting a shuttle to the airport or a rental agency near the port. Not sure what address to look for if near the port. If I put in port of miami It gives me airport locations or something on 25th st. I'm not familiar with the area and can't figure out which way to go. Also trying priceline or other booking discounts does;t really tell me where it just says miami! HELP!

We need to rent 2 cars after we get off ship in Miami. We have a tight schedule (need to be at palm beach airport at 1:30) Would we be better off getting a shuttle to the airport or a rental agency near the port. Not sure what address to look for if near the port. If I put in port of miami It gives me airport locations or something on 25th st. I'm not familiar with the area and can't figure out which way to go. Also trying priceline or other booking discounts does;t really tell me where it just says miami! HELP!

You do not want to rent two cars to drive to PBI. Just use a shuttle service that can take all of you at the same time. The difference in price will not be astronomical.

What day are u getting off the ship? We rented a car in Miami after we got off our last cruise, it was a Sunday, and the car rental did not open till later and you could already be in ft.lauderdale by then. I would Google shuttle service from port of miami to ft.lauderdale. having a car service pick u up and take u might be easier as well. The car rental process is easy at miami airport, with a reservation. The lines to sign paperwork and such will be the thing that takes the longest. Getting the car is quick.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Forums mobile app

You do not want to rent two cars to drive to PBI. Just use a shuttle service that can take all of you at the same time. The difference in price will not be astronomical.

Do you know of a shuttle service that would do that. We don't want something that stops at every hotel along the way!

For that many plus bags, and with your timeline I would look at private transport. Try Larry's Limos or Go Airport Shuttle. South Florida Limos (Transportation) has also had some good Miami reviews on this board recently.