Carnival Changes? Please inform.

It has been a few years since we sailed Carnival. I'm noticing a few changes such as some items you must pay for on the room service menu and preregistering a boarding time. What else is new in the past 3 years?

Is it true you can purchase a case of water for a reasonable price?

The prices for bottled water have decreased and it isn't much more that you would pay at a store and I plan to order some next time. You can no longer bring on bottled water or soda. You can still bring soda but is has to be cans and is limited to one 12pk per person. You can still bring one bottle of wine per adult.

It has been a few years since we sailed Carnival. I'm noticing a few changes such as some items you must pay for on the room service menu and preregistering a boarding time. What else is new in the past 3 years?

The room service menu is still free. Having said that there are certain hot items you can order, but you have to pay for those. I know when we sailed out of New Orleans last year we selected a check-in time in our booking manager online. That was the case for port of NOLA, but not sure of what other ports do that. The cases of water are I believe 4.50 for a 12 pack of the 16.9 ounce bottles.

Yes you pick a port arrival time. I don't know how strict thry are on this. My cruises have been chartered. So while we had to do this to get documents printed, it truly didn't matter for us. They do charge for certain room service items. And the case of water *12 bottles* is reasonable at something like $3?

Yes you pick a port arrival time. I don't know how strict thry are on this. My cruises have been chartered. So while we had to do this to get documents printed, it truly didn't matter for us. They do charge for certain room service items. And the case of water *12 bottles* is reasonable at something like $3?

It is now $4.50 for a 12 pack of water.

1 bottle of wine per adult can be brought on.

Welcome back party is now just Platinum/Diamond, but you will get a drink coupon.

American Table menu and no tablecloths except for Elegant night

Very relaxed on dress code

Any Time Dining option is new-similar to NCL

Sea Day is brunch.

No more lunch in dining rooms (except sea day brunch).

Some ships going to just one servicing of cabin per day (steward may ask).

A few years ago they banned smoking on balconies.

They are now rolling out where your S&S cards will be in your mailbox onboard the ship and you no longer get them in the terminal. There are lots of threads discussing this if you have any questions.

Bottomless Bubbles price for adults went up $1/day.

-- More ships have received part (or all) of the FunShip 2.0 upgrades, including Alchemy Bar, Guy's Burger Joint, Blue Iguana Cantina, etc. Check your ship's deck plans for possible changes.

-- The price for Faster to the Fun (FTTF) now varies by length of cruise and -- sometimes -- by ship.

-- Ships which previously had a Fish'n'Chips location (free/included) have had them replaced with Ol' Fashioned Barbecue (free/included). A location called "Seafood Shack" (nominal upcharge) serves as the seafood replacement.

-- Some ships have an expanded menu at Pizza Pirate after 11 pm, called "Pizza Pirate Plus," which includes lasagna and (at least on Conquest) three other rotating nightly items like meatball hoagies, chicken parm, etc. Starts when the Deli closes and ends at around 1 am.

The ships have gotten new internet which can be faster than the old kind and there are 3 different packages to choose from. They are no longer pay by minute plans, and you can buy them for 24 hours at a time or the entire cruise usually at a discount. You can also purchase ahead of time on several ships with the rest added by the end of summer.

Hub App is free with the exception of if you want the chat feature which is $5 per device per cruise. It allows you to chat only with others on the ship who have also purchased it. Hub app itself is pretty cool. You can view your folio, things going on around the ship, and even view/order pictures on ships that are set up for that. I know Vista is one. Not sure about the others.

Lots of changes and none for the better. Water started @2.99 and now it has more then doubled.

Lots of changes and none for the better. Water started @2.99 and now it has more then doubled.

The remedial math 101 class starts tomorrow..... That said you still get an A for consistent negative comments.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The remedial math 101 class starts tomorrow..... That said you still get an A for consistent negative comments.

Perhaps a A+ for you ,the most intrusive comments ?:o

Perhaps a A+ for you ,the most intrusive comments ?:o

Intrusive, me? Say it ain't so bo.... I will compare my input against him or you in terms of value here....I don't come to only bash or make negative comments, just my cruise experiences and assist and answer questions. Check posting history on my friend and get back to me.

Intrusive, me? Say it ain't so bo.... I will compare my input against him or you in terms of value here....I don't come to only bash or make negative comments, just my cruise experiences and assist and answer questions. Check posting history on my friend and get back to me.

Well , your ability to ignore is in the E minus ;p While your cruising experience's is very enjoyable to read .

Just wanted to clarify about boarding time. What you choose prior to your cruise is your check-in time, not your boarding time. It's the time when you're allowed in the terminal and begin the check-in process. Some terminals are sticklers about this and won't let you in until your assigned check-in time. You can show up anytime after, you just can't get in before. Boarding time depends on prepping the ship after the previous cruise and being cleared by the port. Carnival will begin by boarding diamond & platinum passengers, wedding parties, then those who purchased Faster To The Fun. Once all of those have boarded, they begin calling zones that are assigned during your check-in.

I couldn't help but laugh because I'm thinking...water is $4.50 per 12-pack. $2.99 "more than doubled" is...let's see, carry the one. :confused: Something does not compute. I guess he just got excited and forgot to check his work.