Kids and Parents in Seperate rooms.

tigers317

I am thinking about booking a last minute cruise. I am looking at booking two rooms three doors apart with 1 adult and two kids in one and one adult and kid in the other. I know on Royal you can go to guest services and get an extra key so the wife and I can stay in one cabin and the 3 kids in one. How does that work on Carnival?

Carnival's policy as far as minors is 12 and under

If the relative or guardian insists on booking separate staterooms, minors must either be directly across the hall or next door. Guests 12 and under may not be assigned to a balcony stateroom without a relative or guardian (25 years of age or older).

Guests 13-17

Can be booked up to 3 staterooms away from a relative or guardian (25 years of age or older).

Guests 18-20

Do not have any restrictions and may book whatever location they prefer.

Once on the ship, quick trip to GS and you can get extra door keys. If you don't actually move them on paper (or in the system) they will need to carry both keys, as one will be for the room and the other will be for S&S purchases.

I am thinking about booking a last minute cruise. I am looking at booking two rooms three doors apart with 1 adult and two kids in one and one adult and kid in the other. I know on Royal you can go to guest services and get an extra key so the wife and I can stay in one cabin and the 3 kids in one. How does that work on Carnival?

Carnival's policy as far as minors is 12 and under

If the relative or guardian insists on booking separate staterooms, minors must either be directly across the hall or next door. Guests 12 and under may not be assigned to a balcony stateroom without a relative or guardian (25 years of age or older).

Guests 13-17

Can be booked up to 3 staterooms away from a relative or guardian (25 years of age or older).

Guests 18-20

Do not have any restrictions and may book whatever location they prefer.

Once on the ship, quick trip to GS and you can get extra door keys. If you don't actually move them on paper (or in the system) they will need to carry both keys, as one will be for the room and the other will be for S&S purchases.

We booked our teenage sons in an inside cabin directly across the hall from our balcony cabin. There was no need to switch occupants, get extra keys, etc.

Works on CCL too.

On CCL I think they have to be of a certain age to be 3 doors apart - have you confirmed your choice? In my experience you have to call directly to book the rooms with parents in one and minors in another.

He is booking a parent in each room, so this policy does not matter.

OP it's the same as on Princess. Just go to guest services and ask for extra keys.

He is booking a parent in each room, so this policy does not matter.

OP it's the same as on Princess. Just go to guest services and ask for extra keys.

My point was this wasn't necessary; you can call Carnival and book rooms with just the kids per the policy above. Then you don't have to worry about swapping keys etc. The only reason to book one parent in each room would be if one was a drinker and wanted Cheers and the other did not.

We just booked for next Spring Break, me and one of the kids in a balcony and my husband and two of the kids in an interior one room away down the hallway. Our PVP said that they would make sure to make extra keys for us to get into the kids' room upon embarkation. This set up will make Cheers much more palatable.

• 8 months later...
We just booked for next Spring Break, me and one of the kids in a balcony and my husband and two of the kids in an interior one room away down the hallway. Our PVP said that they would make sure to make extra keys for us to get into the kids' room upon embarkation. This set up will make Cheers much more palatable.

Can I ask what you did at check in? Did you formally put adults together and match up keys? Did they make you add a 2nd cheers package?

Can I ask what you did at check in? Did you formally put adults together and match up keys? Did they make you add a 2nd cheers package?

You don't do anything at check in. Check in just the way you are booked. Once on the ship, all of you go directly to Guest Services and get the extra keys you need (for instance, a new key to your room for your husband and a new key to the kids' room for the one that needs to move there). Those people -- with the new keys -- will have to carry 2 cards: their S&S cards and their key cards. They will use the S&S for purchases and the key card to enter the room. GS will not care what you are doing with the keys, and they won't ask.