I Don't Want to Gain 10lbs!

ElizabethR25

Are there any FREE exercise classes on Carnival cruises (specifically the Dream)?? I plan on running a few miles on the treadmill everyday and taking the stairs as much as I can, but I would really enjoy some classes.

And last question, my husband and I have an interior spa room and it comes with 2 free classes for each of us... He is not interested in doing pilates or yoga, so does anyone know if I would be able to use his classes?

I am at the age where my blood work at physicals is like a game show called "What' Up Now" I get one down and something else goes up. So I agree with you, plus I want to eat like I'm on vacation.

I think they will let you use your husbands free classes. I've never tried, but I don't drink, and they let my wife use my free drink coupon. If they don't the morning classes are normally like $12 a piece. There are all kinds of cardio machines if you decide to go that route. If go on the track, it is a lot of laps, and to boot one side is into the wind, and the other is wind at your back. It makes for a unique work out some days. In addition to my normal daily run, I always use the stairs and don't take the elevator, that helps make up for the kind of food I'm eating. I also try to limit using the buffet, and stick to the plated meals. I'm sure you'll find a way to deal with it. Enjoy your cruise.

I despise the treadmill. I just learned you get a much better work out if you include resistance training anyway. In the past we have just steered clear of the elevators. We walk every where. I try to limit myself to one dessert per night. **Try** not to eat any differently than you do at home. Keep in mind how much sodium is in all this fancy food. Anything with sauce probably has a bunch of Na+. Drink water. It is your friend. And something that I like to remember often, Dr Oz says, "Don't drink your calories." So don't waste your calories on soda's, milk shakes, alcohol, etc. Save them for the Warm Chocolate Melting Cake :rolleyes:

That's right! Why deprive yourself when you can lose at home what you gained while cruising.

Maybe because some people (like myself) have worked extremely hard to lose weight and don't want to gain weight back. I never feel deprived on a cruise and I still manage to not gain weight.

Sent from my LG-K371 using Forums mobile app

Maybe because some people (like myself) have worked extremely hard to lose weight and don't want to gain weight back. I never feel deprived on a cruise and I still manage to not gain weight.

Sent from my LG-K371 using Forums mobile app

Thats great news.

I feel it is water retention in my case and the number of alcoholic drinks we have on board but back home because we rarely drink alcohol the weight soon goes back to normal.

Thats great news.

I feel it is water retention in my case and the number of alcoholic drinks we have on board but back home because we rarely drink alcohol the weight soon goes back to normal.

I east very healthy at home, drink moderately but gain 7-9 pounds every cruise as I take the week off from the gym, eat and drink anything I want and am 48.

That being said, once I get home and back in the gym/eating routine, at least 5 of that drops in the 1st week.

Been on this schedule for 25 cruises

best of luck

I didn't know classes are offered. Does anyone by chance have a list of prices or know where I can find it or can share what they have paid in the past? Thanks

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk