Adventure aft

Can someone tell me how bad the views are obstructed for the aft balcony rooms on the Adventure Thank you

We had a corner aft (9390) last year. No obstruction looking out but some looking down at lower decks. We loved it, would definitely do it again.

It really depends on your cabin location. Deck 8 corner balconies are relatively unobstructed, as are the corners on deck 9. I think deck 10 is really the only deck where you are above the superstructure. This shot was of 8390 on our cruise from Oct. 2015. I was more focusing on the balcoy size than the view, but you can see other than the pole going down the right side, you have a pretty clear view of the water. I'll take a look later to see if i can find a better pic from our trip

8390aft_zpshjesbzhz.jpg

Balcony and view from deck 10 the last 30sec or so of this video

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=50922037&highlight=were+not+ready#post50922037

Excerpt of my own humble opinion regarding Voyager Class aft balcones:

"The lower deck you go, the less angle you have to "clear" the huge blue deck that protrudes out the the aft of the ship. So those in deck 6 & 7 right in the center will only see this huge blue deck underneath them for a very long ways, but no ocean at all. ... Now that I have seen and experienced this cabin, I know I will never book anything lower than deck 9 I don't think unless it's a deal I can't refuse, or an upgrade/upsell to a JS."

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=50931486&highlight=talking+about+balconies#post50931486

We were on Adventure in cabin 8694 Royal Family Suite in Dec 2014. Not sure what deck / type of cabin you were looking at, but I can dig up some photos and post if you want to see view from that balcony.

Edited to add photo

IMG_0496.jpg.ce78b05198f539f4d5f0f4e87f1d1627.jpg

Edited by thrifty99

I have had aft cabins on Voyager and Freedom class ships (which have identical sterns) on all decks except 6 and would book every one of them again. My brain doesn't even see the superstructure. The views and size are so awesome. Those balconies are BIG. :)

We had a corner aft (9390) last year. No obstruction looking out but some looking down at lower decks. We loved it, would definitely do it again.

I'm looking at suite 9392. I assume it would be as good as the one you had right next door?

thanks

I'm looking at suite 9392. I assume it would be as good as the one you had right next door?

thanks

Your balcony is bigger than our was since we were on the corner. We had one lounger and one upright chair. You may have room for two loungers. I never peeked around the corner so not sure. Just loved to watch the wake of the ship.

Just a caution on aft balconies - they do have a bit more movement (if you have motion sickness problems) and the ship shudders when they use the azipods as side thrusters when parking. Your beds are at a different angle from the normal orientation on the ships side cabins.............you get a different kind of motion when the ship pitches and rolls.

I have noticed that aft cabins are now more expensive now that RCCL has a lot more cabin categories.