Norwegian Dawn: DVD players in stateroom TVs?

r01s1nCaz

Across the NCL fleet, including the Dawn - DVD player has never been provided except for full suites and higher and I believe they're being phrased out, replaced by a current selection of PPV movies ... complimentary for suite & Haven guests but otherwise, it's fees-based @ $10 per movie rental for mini-suites, balconies, OV and insides.

For simplicity, I suggest bringing along your own portable DVD player or a DVD-enabled 15" multi-media laptop, perhaps a good headset or external bluetooth speaker - and, of course, DVD's specific to her.

Make sure that your power strip does NOT have a surge protect.

The TV on the Dawn are pretty high up and may not be good in any case.

8582825fbb66dbffb41cca4ba24b7700.jpg

564700cf235230e08edb1a5689ea009b.jpg

There is US and European power on the other side of the room. Not much of a table. Many need an extension cord too.

14618bd974a0e5c50291c3fff9ff534c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Only suites have DVD players.

If you have an tablet or computer, many of the streaming services now allow you to download movies. Netflix, Prime, etc.

Access to plug into TVs is often restricted, so portable device is a good idea.

Only suites have DVD players.

If you have an tablet or computer, many of the streaming services now allow you to download movies. Netflix, Prime, etc.

Access to plug into TVs is often restricted, so portable device is a good idea.

I'm pretty sure (checked a couple post drydock pics) and it looks like the Dawn suites have followed the other recent refurbs going to PPV in the suites and the dvd players are gone.

Was in a suite in Sept on Dawn and no dvr. Lots of movies available via the tv but come free with suites (others pay per view). No guarantee they would align with your child's interests, so I would bring my own.

Amazon has frequent sales on their fire tablet for 39 or 49 dollars, and if you have prime you can download your own content before you go.

Note - I Was surprised to learn (this week) that once you start watching one of your downloads you do have only 24 hrs to watch it, and must re-connect to internet/download again. So if your child is devoted to something to watch multiple times and you're using Amazon, you might want to purchase the content outright.