ms Zaandam in Juneau June 22, 2017

Scrapnana

These aren't openings, they are metal brackets spaced along the top area of the bow - painted white to blend in with the background. - a backward L and a forward L together - spaced apart from the next pair.

Are you referring to these (forward and to the left of the dive board)?

maxresdefault.jpg

Are you referring to these (forward and to the left of the dive board)?

maxresdefault.jpg

I've only seen them on Eurodam when we have a camera person who gives us a very close close-up. They are just below the edge of the bow, probably 5 sets on either side in the white part on DAM ships. They look like a bracket you would wrap mooring lines around only much bigger size on these ships.

Maybe if our camera person is on duty Monday, you can see what I'm talking about, I never noticed them before we got these Juneau close-ups.

Thanks for any help.

I've only seen them on Eurodam when we have a camera person who gives us a very close close-up. They are just below the edge of the bow, probably 5 sets on either side in the white part on DAM ships. They look like a bracket you would wrap mooring lines around only much bigger size on these ships.

Maybe if our camera person is on duty Monday, you can see what I'm talking about, I never noticed them before we got these Juneau close-ups.

Thanks for any help.

:cool:

Yeah; it didn't take............:(

Maybe used to lash stuff down that is carried in the bow area so it doesn't move around in choppy seas? I just thought of that a few minutes ago. I know they sometimes carry cargo etc there in the bow.

Maybe used to lash stuff down that is carried in the bow area so it doesn't move around in choppy seas? I just thought of that a few minutes ago. I know they sometimes carry cargo etc there in the bow.

OK, looked at some more pics; those openings are there for run off/overflow of excessive water on the bow itself

OK, looked at some more pics; those openings are there for run off/overflow of excessive water on the bow itself

We are still talking at cross-purposes. I'm not talking about holes, I'm talking about metal tie-downs just below the bow edge. About 5 on each side.

You have to see them up close to even notice them.

Thanks for trying. :*

We are still talking at cross-purposes. I'm not talking about holes, I'm talking about metal tie-downs just below the bow edge. About 5 on each side.

You have to see them up close to even notice them.

Thanks for trying. :*

I need a Wang Wang ;p