ms Amsterdam and ms Volendam in Juneau June 23, 2017

Scrapnana

Sounds like Volendam will meet a barge on the way in.

Roy

Sure sounds like it, luckily Gastineau is wide enough and they'll agree on clear passing guidelines, i.e. "port to port" or "red to red" (navigation lights)

Sure sounds like it, luckily Gastineau is wide enough and they'll agree on clear passing guidelines, i.e. "port to port" or "red to red" (navigation lights)

Glad to hear that. I have a feeling sometimes what we see as passengers can be deceptive. I remember this last group of cruises coming back north near the coast of Cuba and the Captain commenting at noon that we were close to the Cuba coast intentionally because much of the wide body of water was too shallow to pass and our route choices were more limited than was apparent. Can't remember if it was the Crystal Symphony or the koningsdam but it was one of the two.

Roy

Kathi,

That YouTube channel that is showing Mallory SQ Key West - no longer lists PTZ as sponsor - it is now broadwave something. But it will be available and right now they have sound - not audio waves.

Maybe the sponsor of the PTZ webcam in Key West objected to a competitor.

Volendam in sight. Wonder if we have a webcam person.

Unfortunately, it likely won't make a lot of difference. Regatta is in the Gastineau.

Well, we will get our time in the sun after all.

Roy

Maybe the sponsor of the PTZ webcam in Key West objected to a competitor.

When I first saw it, it said that PTZ was trying it out the website/camera. Then end of last week last week, they dropped that part of the description. So maybe they wanted too much - on either side - and decided not to.

We do have a webcam person again. :D

That was frustrating. Computer problems while the Volendam was in the harbor and I got it back in time just to see a sliver of aft disappear behind the Amsterdam.

The light must have been hitting the Amsterdam just right. The logo wasn't noticeable when she was in Huatulco. I wonder if there will be a special logo for the Grand Asia.

I guess that's it for me. See you next month.

Thanks, Kathi, Lou, and Dave.

Roy

That was frustrating. Computer problems while the Volendam was in the harbor and I got it back in time just to see a sliver of aft disappear behind the Amsterdam.

The light must have been hitting the Amsterdam just right. The logo wasn't noticeable when she was in Huatulco. I wonder if there will be a special logo for the Grand Asia.

I guess that's it for me. See you next month.

Thanks, Kathi, Lou, and Dave.

Roy

When you say 'next month' it sounds like a long time instead of a week. Have fun with the Boy Scouts and 'Be Prepared'.