Scooter Rentals in Bermuda

AFTerHour

Looking to rent scooters in Bermuda and was wondering if anyone has rented from both Oleander and Elbow Beach and which they prefer? I see great reviews from both but my biggest issue is the wait.

What is the best way to rent to avoid lines?

Is 1 day considered 24 hours if we go from Noon to Noon and rent for 2 days?

Is there pay to park at the beaches?

Thanks in advance!

Unless you are an experienced scooter driver, please reconsider this plan. Bermuda roads are not like roads in the US.

I'm a very experienced cycle rider of over 30 years. After seeing the roads and the moped riders on Bermuda you couldn't pay me to ride one. I've seen too many people come back to the ship with bandages on

I'm a very experienced cycle rider of over 30 years. After seeing the roads and the moped riders on Bermuda you couldn't pay me to ride one. I've seen too many people come back to the ship with bandages on

Im glad you feel that way. One less person I have to wait in line with.

Please be careful and heed the advice others have posted. I heard today from a friend about a Royal Caribbean Anthem of the Seas passenger who was just killed on their first day in Bermuda on a rented scooter:

http://q985online.com/brain-anderson-of-anderson-automotive-group-dies-in-motorcycle-accident/

His granddaughter survived and is ok. Prayers to this family on enduring such a tragedy.

Sadly, even experienced US riders are not prepared for the narrow, winding Bermuda roads and steep hills - and the left-side of the road driving. :(

I think the person talking about people hurting themselves is very accurate. If you are used to driving on the left side of the road and the combined weight of one or two riders is less than 300 pounds it might be OK. The scooters are underpowered for more weight than that in my opinion and even if you meet the two criteria there are lots of others who don't know what they are doing and will crash into you.

That said, I have never had to wait more than 10 minutes to rent a scooter wherever you rent from so you are probably OK there. Please realize people are only trying to be helpful.

Looking to rent scooters in Bermuda and was wondering if anyone has rented from both Oleander and Elbow Beach and which they prefer? I see great reviews from both but my biggest issue is the wait.

What is the best way to rent to avoid lines?

Is 1 day considered 24 hours if we go from Noon to Noon and rent for 2 days?

Is there pay to park at the beaches?

If you wish to rent motor scooters, please read the post by member hamlettm, titled Should you rent a scooter in Bermuda.

All the public beaches have free parking.

SBtS