Online check-in finished, and have a question about webcam photo option

Just finished our online check-in for our upcoming cruise on Anthem in late September. Now it feels like our cruise is getting closer! Now I have a question. Anyone use the "use webcam to take a photo" option? Did it work correctly and was easy to do? Does it speed the process of boarding enough to care about doing this? Thanks for any help.

Just finished our online check-in for our upcoming cruise on Anthem in late September. Now it feels like our cruise is getting closer! Now I have a question. Anyone use the "use webcam to take a photo" option? Did it work correctly and was easy to do? Does it speed the process of boarding enough to care about doing this? Thanks for any help.

We could not get the take your photo option to work on multiple computers. We were able to just take a picture with an iphone and upload that picture, crop and center it with no issues.

Having your photo already uploaded does speed things up, especially if you have a big party. We were stuck behind a party of 5 that needed their pictures taken and it took a while because of camera issues and the people wouldn't keep their eyes open.:rolleyes:

If you can get a picture loaded, do it, if you can't, don't worry about it.

We could not get the take your photo option to work on multiple computers. We were able to just take a picture with an iphone and upload that picture, crop and center it with no issues.

Having your photo already uploaded does speed things up, especially if you have a big party. We were stuck behind a party of 5 that needed their pictures taken and it took a while because of camera issues and the people wouldn't keep their eyes open.:rolleyes:

If you can get a picture loaded, do it, if you can't, don't worry about it.

Thanks maybe sometime this week I'll be the guinea pig and try it for myself to see if it works. If it does we'll try it for my wife and our son. Its just the three of us. Thanks again for info, and help.

Thanks maybe sometime this week I'll be the guinea pig and try it for myself to see if it works. If it does we'll try it for my wife and our son. Its just the three of us. Thanks again for info, and help.

It made no difference on Harmony they just had roving check in staff who took our photos

I took the pictures on an iphone like mema. It was easy. It did save some time because we didn't have to wait behind people for photos. I also like the pictures I took much better than the ones Royal Caribbean always takes....those are awful.

And your picture will pop up every time they reference your room numbers, even at the restaurants.

Thanks for the replies. I would guess this can easily be done with an Android phone as well? I have a pixel phone a you can see from this post. I'm gonna try the webcam thing first to see if that works but phone is next step.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

The horror.:eek:

Any picture from any source that satisfies RCI's specs will work.

Now that was funny Biker19! I do think I want to try this and get it done before sail date so its one less thing we have to do before boarding. The least amount of time in the terminal the better. :D

Even though we have taken our photos for our set sail passes on Anthem quite a few times, there were a few times when they took them over again. Now, we just let them take the photo which literally takes them seconds.

That was our experience last year on Harmony out of Southampton and twice on Harmony from Barcelona.

Even though we have taken our photos for our set sail passes on Anthem quite a few times, there were a few times when they took them over again. Now, we just let them take the photo which literally takes them seconds.

Oh wow I guess maybe why go through the hassle then. Thanks for the posting.

Oh wow I guess maybe why go through the hassle then. Thanks for the posting.

Just do what you feel comfortable with, if you think it is too much of a hassle, have them take the picture at the port. What someone experienced in Southampton or Barcelona is irrelevant. What any of us experienced in Bayonne is too, it depends on what is going on the day you are there.

We were delayed in Bayonne because of a group that needed pictures taken. If you can get someone to check you in that doesn't have a line, you should move right through if there camera is working correctly and they know what they are doing. If you want a good picture, have Marci take it.;p