ms Oosterdam in Juneau July 4, 2017

Scrapnana

Oosterdam will be celebrating the Fourth in Juneau from 1300-2100 at the CT dock.

Also in port will be Norwegian Jewel (0700-1330) and Pearl (1400-2200) trading off the AJ dock, Radiance of the Seas (0700-2130) at the AS dock, Star Princess (0800-2115) at the FKL dock, and Seabourn Sojourn (0800-1700) will be tendering.

Weather will continue to be less than ideal with an 80% chance of rain and a high of only 56F/13C and a low of 49F/9C. Sunrise will be at 3:58 am and sunset at 10:04 pm.

The PTZtv webcam can be found at http://www.juneauharborwebcam.com/ .

Looks like the Sojourn has grabbed Oosterdam's dock. I wonder what's up with that. They have been marshaling supplies so I guess they could be doing that until Oosterdam arrives. Could be interesting.

Roy

Looks like the Sojourn has grabbed Oosterdam's dock. I wonder what's up with that. They have been marshaling supplies so I guess they could be doing that until Oosterdam arrives. Could be interesting.

Roy

Yep; Oostie is currently still in Stephens Passage, south of Grand Island, but when she arrives something/someone gotta give or she's tendering which doesn't make sense with a smaller ship like Sojourn docked

I'm afraid Oosterdam may need to tender. Time is getting very short for a switch.

Oops. I think I see a little of Sojourn's stern.

Roy

Edited by rafinmd
New view

I googled Juneau Island last night. Evidently that is what they call that little spit of land that juts out from Douglas Island.

05ace1dd9a36063cb337d02b6e9aab5e.jpg

And that just proves once again that you're never too old to learn something new, thanks! :D

I'm afraid Oosterdam may need to tender. Time is getting very short for a switch.

Oops. I think I see a little of Sojourn's stern.

Roy

Yeah, she's getting out of the way; strange arrangement though. I guess it was worth it spending the morning without tendering and getting those who wanted it ashore