Upgrading to higher category after placing bid

onlineangel

Does anyone have any first hand experience placing a bid for upgrade via bidding system but later moving up a category while original bid still in place? For example, from B1 to M1.

Wondering if the bidding system is smart enough to see the change and update bidding options/prices (if applicable) accordingly.

Thanks!

Does anyone have any first hand experience placing a bid for upgrade via bidding system but later moving up a category while original bid still in place? For example, from B1 to M1.

Wondering if the bidding system is smart enough to see the change and update bidding options/prices (if applicable) accordingly.

Thanks!

We upgraded to Haven while having bids on different Haven cabins on our May cruise. After upgrading, I cancelled our bids, only to get another upgrade email with price ranges reflecting our current cabin. For example, the DOS on the Breakaway had a minimum bid of $1500 when we were in a spa mini, but once we upgraded to an H5, the minimum was $750. Hope that helps!

We upgraded to Haven while having bids on different Haven cabins on our May cruise. After upgrading, I cancelled our bids, only to get another upgrade email with price ranges reflecting our current cabin. For example, the DOS on the Breakaway had a minimum bid of $1500 when we were in a spa mini, but once we upgraded to an H5, the minimum was $750. Hope that helps!

Thank you very much!

i would absolutely cancel your bids if you upgrade.

If I upgrade, I will definitely check to see if the min/max meter thingy updates as well for the existing category I bid on. If so, I'll just modify it accordingly. If not, I'll just cancel it.

Does anyone have any first hand experience placing a bid for upgrade via bidding system but later moving up a category while original bid still in place? For example, from B1 to M1. Wondering if the bidding system is smart enough to see the change and update bidding options/prices (if applicable) accordingly. Thanks!

First hand experience on our cruise on the Breakaway last month.

We decided to pay to move from a Spa Balcony to a Spa Havens Suite (because the difference in price actually came down under our bid, and by just paying for the Havens room, we got all of the free at sea perks).

The bidding system kept our old bids at a high $$$.

Once we cancelled those bids, the bidding system allowed us to re-bid with a much lower minimum/maximum bid (which made sense since we had paid more for our base cabin).

First hand experience on our cruise on the Breakaway last month.

We decided to pay to move from a Spa Balcony to a Spa Havens Suite (because the difference in price actually came down under our bid, and by just paying for the Havens room, we got all of the free at sea perks).

The bidding system kept our old bids at a high $$$.

Once we cancelled those bids, the bidding system allowed us to re-bid with a much lower minimum/maximum bid (which made sense since we had paid more for our base cabin).

That's exactly the scenario I was wondering about. Thank you!

Because I don't want to start another bidding thread, I'll just ask the question here:

I am currently in a 2BR suite on the Escape in September and received "the" email for the OS and DOS. I checked on NCL.com to see which OS and DOS were still available....and both show as sold out! Why would I be able to bid on suites that aren't even available?! The DOS has been showing as sold out for about 2 months and the OS has only shown sold out recently. Does NCL put a couple aside for bidding?! I did do a low-ball bid for the DOS to see if it allowed me to....and it did!

It is my understanding the allow bidding on sold out categories for the following reasons:

- potential cancellations

- someone else might upgrade to another category via bid or otherwise (thus, opening up a cabin)

- data points for NCL's own purposes (what people are willing to bid)