Tips for 1st NCL Cruise on Escape

I would make getting a Vibe pass a priority. There is a serious issue with the amount of people out on the pool deck on sea days. This ship especially cannot squeeze one more sardine on that pool deck!

What is the Vibe pass? I just booked on the Escape, Dec 2nd, same itinerary. This thread is so helpful.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Forums mobile app

Use Savor/Taste for a relaxed breakfast and skip the hub bub at the buffet. Sign up for Escape the Big Top, but if you forget, just show up and you will most likely get in on stand by. I know others advised to do the specialty dining, and there is merit in that. However, between Savor, Taste, The Manhattan we never had to make a reservation and never had to wait long for a table...Freestyle at its best.

The waterslides are worth it, even for adults.

Food Republic is a must.

If you don't get Vibe passes, Spice H2O during the day is lovely, and very quiet. The grotto is an excellent place to cool off.

Figure out how the elevators work: eight elevators are really two sets of four: each set of four is two elevators facing each other. If you press the buttons between two elevators you are calling those two elevators and the two across the hall. You need to press the buttons farther down the hall to call all eight elevators.

I loved this ship, and I can't wait to get back on it.

What is offerred in The Big Top?

I always get a spa pass. The Escape spa is awesome! Well worth the extra $. If you don't get a spa pass prior to your cruise, when you board, go to the spa for a tour and decide then if that's what you would like to do. You won't regret it!

I plan on getting the spa passes as soon as they are available online. I was very close to splurging on a SPA Haven cabin but to get the extra OBC perks from my TA I needed to cancel and rebook and when you do that you lose 125. That really bothered me so I decided to stay put. I will not deal with this TA in the future.

What is the Vibe pass? I just booked on the Escape, Dec 2nd, same itinerary. This thread is so helpful.

Vibe is a private area (70-80) people.

Weekly pass is 99.00

Key card to get in.

Padded loungers always available/umbrellas

Plenty of towels

Hot tub ( no pool)

Misting Station

Bar

2 Bartenders (1 acts as waiter also)

Fresh fruit daily

Continental Breakfast

Cold wash cloths

Carafes of cold water infused with fruit

2 restroom

"Shot o'clock" sometime midday bartenders will make up shots for whoever wants one. Yes they will take suggestions if you have a favorite.

*** Usually need to be in one of the first groups to board to get them.

Sold in headliners.

Vibe is a private area (70-80) people.

Weekly pass is 99.00

Key card to get in.

Padded loungers always available/umbrellas

Plenty of towels

Hot tub ( no pool)

Misting Station

Bar

2 Bartenders (1 acts as waiter also)

Fresh fruit daily

Continental Breakfast

Cold wash cloths

Carafes of cold water infused with fruit

2 restroom

"Shot o'clock" sometime midday bartenders will make up shots for whoever wants one. Yes they will take suggestions if you have a favorite.

*** Usually need to be in one of the first groups to board to get them.

Sold in headliners.

Thanks beerman2. Very complete answer

Escape the Big Top is an escape room activity...I think they do it twice a week. Very fun!

Escape room like they close the door and you have to figure out the clues or codes to get out? Also do they serve any food? If so, what types? Thanks

Escape room like they close the door and you have to figure out the clues or codes to get out? Also do they serve any food? If so, what types? Thanks

Escape the Big Top is held in the Supper Club. Teams of about eight are formed to compete against each other. Each team is given the same clues and you use props around the room to solve the clues. You are trying to be the first team to get a combination to open and solve a final clue.

I don't remember any food, but many of us brought drinks in. It is pretty fast paced, you don't have a lot of time once it gets started for anything but solving clues.

Escape the Big Top is held in the Supper Club. Teams of about eight are formed to compete against each other. Each team is given the same clues and you use props around the room to solve the clues. You are trying to be the first team to get a combination to open and solve a final clue.

I don't remember any food, but many of us brought drinks in. It is pretty fast paced, you don't have a lot of time once it gets started for anything but solving clues.

Sounds like fun. Is there a cost?

Hi,

We have our first NCL cruise on Nov 25th on Escape. It's just me and hubby. We have cruised 3 times. Twice on RCL Allure & Oasis with our 3 older teen children. We cruised once last Dec on Celebrity Eclipse with just me and hubby.

Now that I have the airfare booked I know the cruise is going to happen. We are flying in the day before arriving at 2:00 PM in Miami. I am still trying to find a good deal on a hotel.

We have 13270 BE balcony cabin through a TA beginning with Price. We got a great deal of 799 before taxes. We got 2 perks - the beverage & prepaid tips. I am hoping to bid on a Haven. I think they do participate in the bidding.

I'm am thinking of purchasing a dining package and maybe the Spa package. If I get the Haven then I may not spend the extra for the Spa package.

Also, I'd like to get passed for the Vibe but my hubby will not be as anxious as me.

Can you please share some of your best tips and secrets to help us make this the best cruise ever?

Thanks for your feedback.

Look at Hyatt Place in Miami, 3549 Le Jeune (sp?). It is a new hotel and AAA prices were about $95 before taxes, at least in May.

Don't stay in room 339. It's noisy with planes. Good complimentary breakfast. They have sandwiches and chips and restaurants nearby that deliver.

We are thinking about booking a last minute cruise on the Escape in August 2017 (3 weeks). Did the ship seem crowded with over 5000 passengers? Will I still be able to get specialty dining and entertainment/show reservations online or on the ship with only 3 weeks left before sailing? Thanks.

We are thinking about booking a last minute cruise on the Escape in August 2017 (3 weeks). Did the ship seem crowded with over 5000 passengers? Will I still be able to get specialty dining and entertainment/show reservations online or on the ship with only 3 weeks left before sailing? Thanks.

This close to sailing, online pre-reservations may be limited.

On embarkation day, immediately work on doing the reservations of your choice. NCL holds tickets for onboard bookings.

The easiest way is to use one of the touch screen kiosks in the public areas. You can book show tickets, shore excursions, dinner reservations by touching the event you want and scanning your room key.