Punchliner shows

Susie87

Probably depends on a lot of factors. I'll say this...the one that's going on during a main show isn't usually too bad. When the main show lets out and there's comedy after, it's a mad rush to the comedy club. So I would leave that show a few minutes early.

Will you be alone? Which ship? I've heard rumor of them issuing tickets. Honestly, my wife and I have always gotten in. Only remember standing once. I'd say if you show up 15 minutes early you're fine. Sometimes that means 15 minutes to get in line, sometimes it means to actually enter the lounge

I recommend showing up about half an hour to an hour early. On most ships, the club is by the Piano Bar, adn the line flows past it. You could hang out there, and once a line starts forming, go ahead and get in it. I usually pick which shows I want to see, and then during one show that I am not seeing, I line up for the next show. It takes some planning, but we have NEVER failed to get a seat. Your results may vary, but it's something to think about.

I hear the rumor about tickets too, but I don't know if it has actually happened yet, or even if it will.

By the way, you will love your cruise, have a great time!

Just some more info for consideration. Some ships have 2 comedy shows....An earlier "PG" rated show and a later "R" rated show. There can be a VAST difference as far as content. So, if you offend easily or have a late teen child that you are thinking to BREAK THE OBVIOUS AGE RULES and sneak them in (inside joke :D), it could be a less than fun evening

We have never attended the adult comedy it just isn't our thing. We have never had much trouble getting a seat in the "family" comedy. When we leave there is always a huge line of people waiting to get into the adult comedy. I didn't think there was room for all of the people in line, but there was.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Do the family and adult shows run in the same place, back to back? I'm thinking if they do then why not watch the first and stay in your seat for the next?

I'm willing to bet it's not that simple though (a girl can dream!)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Do the family and adult shows run in the same place, back to back? I'm thinking if they do then why not watch the first and stay in your seat for the next?

On the Magic they empty the club after each show. We experienced the ticket process there in May. After leaving the main theater we walked to the club and saw a sign at the Vibe night club to pick up tickets for the comedy show. We walked in and got two tickets, People were hanging out drinking, talking and waiting. It was probably 15 minutes. Then the first group was called. We were lead to the club, handed in our tickets to the guy at the entrance and found seats. I liked it better than standing in the line that snakes back from the piano bar and down the hall. Folks constantly cut that line and there was the general congestion to get to the steak house, piano bar or elevators. They did announce when there were no more tickets or SRO and that was much better than waiting in a line only to learn there were not enough seats!

Not a fan of the ticket idea because I don't like to plan things in advance when on the cruise. We show up 15 minutes early, occasionally a little earlier depending on what we are doing. We have always had a seat this way. If for some reason we are late and there's no room, no big deal. They have plenty of comedy shows during the week and I don't need to see every one of them.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Not a fan of the ticket idea because I don't like to plan things in advance when on the cruise. We show up 15 minutes early, occasionally a little earlier depending on what we are doing. We have always had a seat this way. If for some reason we are late and there's no room, no big deal. They have plenty of comedy shows during the week and I don't need to see every one of them.

Also a story from our last cruise. We were first in line when we arrived about 20 minutes early. The line grew and a couple in camo gear looked at the line and decided they weren't going to wait in it, so they stood in front. When the comedy host told them that there was a line, they played dumb and he let them be the first ones in. Then during the show, they were "secretly" vaping in the front row while others who had waited in line were denied seats. No one noticed the vaping except for me because I was already annoyed. I was really hoping they would be kicked out.

I do not like to plan things either, however my dw is a big planner. Everyday she takes the daily planner and maps out our day, food, shows, ect. She will allow for extra time for the shows rather it be the main show, comedy, and various lounge acts, so we can get there early to not just get seats but her choice of seats:rolleyes:. Sometimes it sux because we get there so early we are like the first to tenth person/people there, and by time the show starts i'm tired of sitting:(. However I like to do certain things my way and that is the one thing she likes to do her way, so I just go with it. As for the OP if you want great/close seats then get there very early 1/2hr or better, and if you don't care but just want a seat then I think 15mins is fine.

Also you might ask if the comedians do re-run shows. I've been on sailings where the same set was performed twice so you might consider that in your planning as well.

On my last few cruises, the newsletter has helpfully indicated which shows were repeats. This, of course, is subject to change without notice.

On our last cruise they made everyone leave and line up again for the next show. Since a line would already be formed that meant those that attended the first show went to the back of the line for the next. Kind of sucked. There was room for everyone but I ended up with a seat behind a pole so the whole time I didn't see the comic, just heard him. The adult shows seem to vary. So far I've never seen one that was worse then what you see on late night television or an R rated movie but others on the board say they've seen some that can be pretty vile. I guess you just don't know until you get there.