Freedom

Seriously, should anyone be spoken to that way? Those folks are just doing what they are instructed to do. Maybe, if you are that put out, you'd be better off taking it up with the management that instructs them on what they HAVE to do to keep their jobs. Blaming the crew accomplishes nothing. I'm quite sure if they had their way they would much rather not deal with you at all.:rolleyes:

Actually we don't mind and they are always polite.

We have got some great specialty restaurant deals and would be disappointed if we weren't offered the deals.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

Just off the Freedom 2 weeks ago, and we were only asked once and that was the first night if we would buy speciality dining and this was good for us as we wanted one night in Chops after that we were never bothered again. When the photographer would come near our dining table in MDR I would just say no photos thank you and that was that.

• 2 weeks later...

We have noticed it more and more especially over the last year. Whilst we politely decline, I personally feel like it's a move in the wrong direction.

If they are trying to sell us dining etc, we just say we are already booked and they soon stop asking us.

I spend all day at work getting bombarded with sales pitches from companies that want to sell me things, vendors turning up at my office with sales pitches, promotions etc. Sorry but I go on vacation to get away from all of that, not to feel like I'm at work.

We have noticed it more and more especially over the last year. Whilst we politely decline, I personally feel like it's a move in the wrong direction.

If they are trying to sell us dining etc, we just say we are already booked and they soon stop asking us.

I spend all day at work getting bombarded with sales pitches from companies that want to sell me things, vendors turning up at my office with sales pitches, promotions etc. Sorry but I go on vacation to get away from all of that, not to feel like I'm at work.

I have been in various sales roles over the last 44 years so do feel for them so i am respectful towards them and on the last 3 cruises.Vision,Independence and Freedom we have been approached and they have been very flexible on price so we have negotiated a deal on his ship and we enjoyed the Specialty restaurants on each i negotiated a price with the manager to go back later in the cruise.

I have been in various sales roles over the last 44 years so do feel for them so i am respectful towards them and on the last 3 cruises.Vision,Independence and Freedom we have been approached and they have been very flexible on price so we have negotiated a deal on his ship and we enjoyed the Specialty restaurants on each i negotiated a price with the manager to go back later in the cruise.

We are respectful of them and I get that that is what they are being asked to do and is part of their job, just like everyone that calls me up every day I get its their jobs too. It just takes away that being on vacation feeling.

RC send more than enough emails promoting all this before you sail. If we want something we pre book before we sail. Unfortunately being on a ship with sales pitches everywhere doesn't quite have the same relaxation effect.

Thankfully we find that after a couple of days it is not so prevalent, but the first couple of days on some ships it has been non stop. On one ship we were on even the captain during his noon announcements was making sales pitches!

It's one thing to have a stand set up that people can choose to visit, but I can see how interrupting people that are eating or in a conversation can be viewed as crossing a line in terms of etiquette.

Edited by Spurschick

We are respectful of them and I get that that is what they are being asked to do and is part of their job, just like everyone that calls me up every day I get its their jobs too. It just takes away that being on vacation feeling.

RC send more than enough emails promoting all this before you sail. If we want something we pre book before we sail. Unfortunately being on a ship with sales pitches everywhere doesn't quite have the same relaxation effect.

Thankfully we find that after a couple of days it is not so prevalent, but the first couple of days on some ships it has been non stop. On one ship we were on even the captain during his noon announcements was making sales pitches !

When we were on Oasis last January the captain was making sales pitches during the Captain's Corner talk. I thought that was really bogus.

When we were on Oasis last January the captain was making sales pitches during the Captain's Corner talk. I thought that was really bogus.

Agree. I've always enjoyed the Captains Corner but if the Captain started this I'd walk out.