What to expect on Xmas cruise?

We have a group of 10 booked on Ovation OTS Dec 2018 (which also includes New Years Eve). Most of us have sailed with RCI before but never at Christmas time. What sort of Christmas things can we expect? Will Santa make an appearance? Are activities Christmas themed? Can we decorate our stateroom? Thanks in advance for any info/suggestions.

We have a group of 10 booked on Ovation OTS Dec 2018 (which also includes New Years Eve). Most of us have sailed with RCI before but never at Christmas time. What sort of Christmas things can we expect? Will Santa make an appearance? Are activities Christmas themed? Can we decorate our stateroom? Thanks in advance for any info/suggestions.

Ovation ots was not excluded from Santa or his duties, the lush,s from the club most likely missed or too pxxed to see Santa he was at 270 giving out presents to all the good boys and girls with loads of elves on Christmas Morning . There was a morning Mass then a inter D services after . Outside The Pub was a Huge Christmas Tree where Santa appeared for photos, on Christmas eve before the Carol Service with the Horn section of the big band . Deck 4 & 5 till 11;30 ish then Midnight Mass in royal theater . Lots of Movies too ELF ,the Grizzwell,s one ??? plus plus .We Had battery led s flashing on door ,in cabin ,on balcony with tinsel :):):)

Will look for cruise Compass :cool:

Trouble (peter):halo:

Ovation ots was not excluded from Santa or his duties, the lush,s from the club most likely missed or too pxxed to see Santa he was at 270 giving out presents to all the good boys and girls with loads of elves on Christmas Morning . There was a morning Mass then a inter D services after . Outside The Pub was a Huge Christmas Tree where Santa appeared for photos, on Christmas eve before the Carol Service with the Horn section of the big band . Deck 4 & 5 till 11;30 ish then Midnight Mass in royal theater . Lots of Movies too ELF ,the Grizzwell,s one ??? plus plus .We Had battery led s flashing on door ,in cabin ,on balcony with tinsel :):):)

Will look for cruise Compass :cool:

Trouble (peter):halo:

Thank you. Just what I wanted. Corny Christmas movies are always a favourite for us too. That sounds a little more promising than the previous review.

We've done 2 Christmas cruises and loved them. We brought a tinsel tree with us, which was about 4 feet high and bought an ornament at each port we went to and hung it on the tree. Lights were battery operated so no issues there. I bought holiday magnets for the door which was a lot of fun. Some presents went under the tree but not too many as the cruise was our present to each other. Have fun.

We had brought a tinsel tree on our first Christmas time cruise in 2008, along with a string of lights, and our stateroom attendant loved it and we gave them to her for her cabin after she indicated she wanted to buy a set in port.

I love how RCI decorates their ships at Christmas. In my review from Majesty in December (in my signature), you can see the gingerbread village, all decorated freshly the day before. The culinary staff take it very seriously and do a beautiful job.

I would recommend you check the updated guidelines on decorating your stateroom, I know they have prohibited a lot of items like our string of lights due to fire hazards.

I hope you have a lovely time.