Star class genie requests

I guess we can count ourselves lucky with our Port Everglades Star Class experience. When we were dropped off by the Star Class flag outside the terminal, a Royal Caribbean staff member located a porter and called our Genie Susan who meet us at the Suite Check in area. The bags were basically brought with us to a certain point where a crew member took them onto the ship and they were in our room just a few moments after we arrived.

We hosted a cabin crawl and Susan arranged for Sushi, Chips, Fresh Guacamole and Salsa and several different kinds of cookies to be in the room in a very nice presentation.

We met some other folks in Star Class on that cruise who arranged through their Genie to have a "Princess" themed birthday party for their young daughter. We were invited to the party and it was well done. Mini personal pepperoni pizzas, mini hot dogs, sliders and french fries were served family style, a princess themed cake, kiddie cocktails were served to everyone and they even had a princess pinata filled with candy for the young lady who was of hispanic heritage. A sugar rush was had by all between the cake and candy.

We celebrated two birthdays during the cruise and I arranged with Susan to have a cake delivered at the end of one of our dinners in Coastal Kitchen. Flawless execution here as well.

We were not denied any requests by our Genie, but other than the two aforementioned items we asked for, we were pretty low maintenance.

I'm not anticipating any issues...

I'd like to have some beer and soft drinks for my cabin party- and some bottles of bubbly ( willing to pay for those, have 450$ OBC and it's tough to spend it in star class).

Wifey likes the sound of planks for Jamie's. I'd rather have sandwiches and pastries from Park Cafe... I'll provide a detailed review!

I'm not anticipating any issues...

I'd like to have some beer and soft drinks for my cabin party- and some bottles of bubbly ( willing to pay for those, have 450$ OBC and it's tough to spend it in star class).

Wifey likes the sound of planks for Jamie's. I'd rather have sandwiches and pastries from Park Cafe... I'll provide a detailed review!

Try the truffle cream pasta at Jamie's as well as the salad with pear and prosciutto. They were better than the planks IMO, which were still amazingly good.

We have a $1000 OBC. It will go to a Cabana and a flowrider rental, what ever remains will go into our extra tip pool.

I look forward to hearing how your sailing went.

I will be doing a joint live review for that sailing but if Star Class "issues" arise I will gloss over it. If it is similar to my March experience I will do a separate thread after I return as I don't want it to sour my experience.

If I gloss over issues and you experience similar issues the next day we can/should work together to let RC know about our separate experiences. Then they can address them and hopefully that will improve the experience for everyone.

We are in star class on 10/14 so if you need to gloss over then a quick hits after would be greatly appreciated. I don't have the drive you all do to post a live review but I'll post as things go on and a summary after. Quantum inaugural was our last cruise (new house and life getting in the way) but excited to get on a regular cadence!

Try the truffle cream pasta at Jamie's as well as the salad with pear and prosciutto. They were better than the planks IMO, which were still amazingly good.

We have a $1000 OBC. It will go to a Cabana and a flowrider rental, what ever remains will go into our extra tip pool.

I look forward to hearing how your sailing went.

Same plan here. $925 in OBC going to cabana and tips.

I believe there is at least one CC member (Constable145) sailing Star Class out of PE that I can think of in September so I am waiting to hear feed back before we sail. Hopefully embarkation has been streamlined and is working properly for them as well as all of "us".

If there are more of you please chime in as the embarkation and luggage drop/arrival is my biggest beef out of PE. Well, that is after Napoleon at the suite door, but I believe my regretfully valid complaint got him downgraded in position.

I will be on the September 10th Sailing of Allure in Star Class. I'll let everyone know how it goes. Unfortunately, due to a flight schedule change, I probably won't be arriving at the port until 12:30 or 1pm now (and, due to some personal issues, I just can't fly in the day before as I would have preferred). But, at least it will give some information on how it goes for others.

In March, on Anthem, there was....a hiccup....at the port :p. However, they recovered nicely, so I didn't mention much about it.

I will be on the September 10th Sailing of Allure in Star Class. I'll let everyone know how it goes. Unfortunately, due to a flight schedule change, I probably won't be arriving at the port until 12:30 or 1pm now (and, due to some personal issues, I just can't fly in the day before as I would have preferred). But, at least it will give some information on how it goes for others.

In March, on Anthem, there was....a hiccup....at the port :p. However, they recovered nicely, so I didn't mention much about it.

Sorry to hear about the flight hick-up but thankfully you still get to go. :)

From what I have read it appears that PE has more Star Class embarkation issues that PC and PL combined but from your comment it appears to happen at other ports. I would appreciate it if you did comment about your boarding day experience. On a side note in PE the Terminal 18 workers aren't employees of RC so if there are issues RC needs to go to their employer to address them.

Thanks again.

Sorry to hear about the flight hick-up but thankfully you still get to go. :)

From what I have read it appears that PE has more Star Class embarkation issues that PC and PL combined but from your comment it appears to happen at other ports. I would appreciate it if you did comment about your boarding day experience. On a side note in PE the Terminal 18 workers aren't employees of RC so if there are issues RC needs to go to their employer to address them.

Thanks again.

Thanks. Just logistics of any extra time away from home makes my life more complicated than it needs to be.

PL - they aren't RC employees (I don't believe they are from what I understand). The issue was similar to other ports, no one would even acknowledge you at the "flag", no one wanted to do anything. Once another couple came, I had them stay with the bags, and I went into the terminal to....sort it out. ;) I found us all assistance. Had to be firm but a little pushy. Once we got that sorted, it was pretty OK (though, rooms weren't ready for us either, so it was a quick peek and back out). Had to wait until 1:30pm I believe to access the rooms (no real information given to Star Class guests overall).

I'm pretty independent and, other than one change to a dinner time (since I blew off a show) and once when she got me on iFly unexpectedly, that was about all that I needed once aboard. I know another suite kept her hopping the whole time, so maybe that's why there was more limited contact other than a super-fast check "are you doing OK" and poof. I tend to be overly-mindful that people have other guests, so I try to not ask for much anyway.

I'm interested to see how Allure plays out.

We were Star Class on Allure on 7/9 and had no issues with our luggage. Our Genie told us to not leave them with the guys that have the yellow carts, but take it to the Star class flag. Our genie and a porter were waiting for us there. The porter took our bags and put our luggage tags on. Our bags arrived in the room about three minutes after we did. I did tip the porter that took the bags at the entrance. Very seamless!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our August Allure 2016 sailing out of PE was like the one you experienced in PC, except our cabin wasn't ready until closer to 1pm. The guest who was in it left late and was messy but our luggage was waiting in it for us when we entered the cabin. Heck the whole idea of having you luggage in your cabin the moment you are there is so you can unpack immediately, grab your swim suit and hit the wave and pool right away.

Trying to word this properly so I don't offend anyone. How would you suggest Royal handle Star Guests who want to stay as long as possible with their Star experience?

Also I wanted to post pics of the beer (kept in a cooler with ice) and the mini-bar stocked with juice, soda, and water. First time posting pics so hope it works. d298449905e9477a2734339f28dd557a.jpgacaf46a42a1c916c653daf98b794c6b3.jpg

Nice. It sounds like they got things worked out. What Suite were you in? That is a better refrigerator than the 2 bedroom Aquatheater had -- Ours was the minibar type version with no shelves. It would have been nice to have a "cooler of cold beverages too"!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Trying to word this properly so I don't offend anyone. How would you suggest Royal handle Star Guests who want to stay as long as possible with their Star experience?

Good question Milwaukee8. Royal wants everyone off by 10am. Having done two B2B on Oasis Class ships by 10:15 only the stranglers are left. Both times we were cleared off the ship as the last guests were at 10:30. By the time they ran us through customs and gave us our new room keys it was almost 11am.

As for Star Class guests that want to extended their stay the only thing I can think of is a quieter lounge to sit and have snacks with a quick and easy way to get into the customs line. In realty the Genies are preparing for their new guests. The old expression comes to mind, "don't let the door hit your a$$ on the way out". If Star Class guests are doing a B2B they would still have to join the normal B2B guests as their Genie is preparing to meet their two sets of new cabin guests.

It don't think there really is a realistic way to make it better on departure day, especially in relation to a longer stay in the cabin. Once you have your luggage and cleared customs you are all on your own. ;)

Good question Milwaukee8. Royal wants everyone off by 10am. Having done two B2B on Oasis Class ships by 10:15 only the stranglers are left. Both times we were cleared off the ship as the last guests were at 10:30. By the time they ran us through customs and gave us our new room keys it was almost 11am.

As for Star Class guests that want to extended their stay the only thing I can think of is a quieter lounge to sit and have snacks with a quick and easy way to get into the customs line. In realty the Genies are preparing for their new guests. The old expression comes to mind, "don't let the door hit your a$$ on the way out". If Star Class guests are doing a B2B they would still have to join the normal B2B guests as their Genie is preparing to meet their two sets of new cabin guests.

It don't think there really is a realistic way to make it better on departure day, especially in relation to a longer stay in the cabin. Once you have your luggage and cleared customs you are all on your own. ;)

Great answer... I just feel bad for the Genie and staff when a Star Class passenger just doesn't want to end.... lol.

Also I wanted to post pics of the beer (kept in a cooler with ice) and the mini-bar stocked with juice, soda, and water. First time posting pics so hope it works. d298449905e9477a2734339f28dd557a.jpgacaf46a42a1c916c653daf98b794c6b3.jpg

Nice. It sounds like they got things worked out. What Suite were you in? That is a better refrigerator than the 2 bedroom Aquatheater had -- Ours was the minibar type version with no shelves. It would have been nice to have a "cooler of cold beverages too"!

The fridges in SLS on Oasis, Allure and Harmony don't look like this nor the RLS on Allure and Oasis. This fridge rocks as the others not had one shelf. The cooler with ice is great.

ljcofy, great photo posting too.

Great answer... I just feel bad for the Genie and staff when a Star Class passenger just doesn't want to end.... lol.

That's OK. I'm sure the next Star Class Guest would kindly show them the gangway so their cabin could be ready sooner. :D

We were Star Class on Allure on 7/9 and had no issues with our luggage. Our Genie told us to not leave them with the guys that have the yellow carts, but take it to the Star class flag. Our genie and a porter were waiting for us there. The porter took our bags and put our luggage tags on. Our bags arrived in the room about three minutes after we did. I did tip the porter that took the bags at the entrance. Very seamless!

Sounds promising. Just guessing, were you in a GLS or OLS? I have seen clear fronted fridges in them.

Edit: LOL as I was typing you answered above. :)

Now that I got the pic think down a few pics of the room. Again, we got this as a very cheap upsell so we were DELIGHTED!

url]

I am sure "cheap" is relative, but I'd love that room at a reasonable rate. What type of stateroom were you in prior to your upgrade?

• 2 weeks later...
The fridges in SLS on Oasis, Allure and Harmony don't look like this nor the RLS on Allure and Oasis. This fridge rocks as the others not had one shelf. The cooler with ice is great.

ljcofy, great photo posting too.

I bit the bullet and booked a Star Loft (formerly called Sky, I think) on the Oasis next August. We will be onboard for my 50th birthday & our anniversary. It is Suite 1718. I am interested to hear how your sailing goes in September, hopefully all the Genie issues have been smoothed out. There are some friends & family sailing with us next August, some in suites, some not, none of them are in Star class. I wonder if they will let me have a cooler of beer to share? I have never hosted a party in my suite before. If they bring in appetizers and the like, is there a charge or is it complimentary?

I bit the bullet and booked a Star Loft (formerly called Sky, I think) on the Oasis next August. We will be onboard for my 50th birthday & our anniversary. It is Suite 1718. I am interested to hear how your sailing goes in September, hopefully all the Genie issues have been smoothed out. There are some friends & family sailing with us next August, some in suites, some not, none of them are in Star class. I wonder if they will let me have a cooler of beer to share? I have never hosted a party in my suite before. If they bring in appetizers and the like, is there a charge or is it complimentary?

Hi Vickie, and congrats. I'd say you picked a great birthday gift. 1718 is a great suite with a nice private balcony. We have stayed in it around 5 years ago. We have a couple Star cruises booked prior to your sailing so there should be a few reports before you sail. From what I have read Star Class boarding in PC for Oasis runs better than at Port Everglades so hopefully this bodes well for you.

I'm not sure about a cooler with beer (only seen it done here on CC) but what ever drinks are in your cabin are available for you and who ever else visits you.;) As for the cost of a party I think it depends on the complexity to wether there are charges or not. I also think the charges stem mainly from the alcohol and more so on the amount and the cost of the bottles. For example multiple bottles of champagne and wine VS a case of beer. I'm sure if you ask for 10 year old cheese and caviar food would be looked at differently as well. My answer is only speculation, the best thing to do is ask once on board.

Hi Vickie, and congrats. I'd say you picked a great birthday gift. 1718 is a great suite with a nice private balcony. We have stayed in it around 5 years ago. We have a couple Star cruises booked prior to your sailing so there should be a few reports before you sail.

I'm not sure about a cooler with beer (only seen it done here on CC) but what ever drinks are in your cabin are available for you and who ever else visits you.;) As for the cost of a party I think it depends on the complexity to wether there are charges or not. I also think the charges stem mainly from the alcohol and more so on the amount and the cost of the bottles. For example multiple bottles of champagne and wine VS a case of beer. I'm sure if you ask for 10 year old cheese and caviar food would be looked at differently as well. My answer is only speculation, the best thing to do is ask once on board.

Thanks! I look forward to your reviews. I chose 1718 over 1720 because of the private balcony.

I am not looking for anything extravagant for a "party", just some beer, wine, veggies & dip, maybe a meat platter or small sandwiches, and some sweets. It would probably be a pre-dinner or post show get together. I am envisioning less than 20 people. There isn't a roll call for the sailing yet, if I end up with a CC party, that could be different. Hopefully someone in a bigger suite will be able to host that.