Star class genie requests

I would like to thank all contributors to this thread. I have never been in a Star Class suite but have been tempted. On my last cruise (Sky Class) the genies were very visible and it was clear the Star Class suite guests got a great VIP experience. Something I would like to experience for myself.

I don't do parties, drink much alcohol, eat in the room or have a lot of needs or special requirements. So for me, being in Star Class would be about the attention to detail and ironing out the creases which could otherwise spoil a relaxing holiday. That includes making embarkation and disembarkation as easy as possible. Very few simple requirements but I expect each one to be taken care of with the minimum of fuss.

I have previously sampled butler service on QM2 where we were in the Queen's Grill. I have to say based on what I am reading here, Royal Caribbean's Star Class is far superior.

• 2 months later...
Got my invite to use Loop yesterday. I must say that I'm a tad disappointed.. I was expecting an app that gave notifications of a new message.. Not a webpage that I constantly have to refresh.

I suppose this is what most people call a first world problem.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I found the LOOP system a disaster. Not once did I receive a reply. I believe RCL could do better.

That being said, I give high marks for our Genie Sebastian and our experience in Star Class. Sadly we return to shore tomorrow. It is an experience we will definitely repeat.

- Carroll

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I found the LOOP system a disaster. Not once did I receive a reply. I believe RCL could do better.

That being said, I give high marks for our Genie Sebastian and our experience in Star Class. Sadly we return to shore tomorrow. It is an experience we will definitely repeat.

- Carroll

The Genies prefer you to call them directly (when onboard). Otherwise, before embarkation, it’s better to email them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would like to thank all contributors to this thread. I have never been in a Star Class suite but have been tempted. On my last cruise (Sky Class) the genies were very visible and it was clear the Star Class suite guests got a great VIP experience. Something I would like to experience for myself.

I don't do parties, drink much alcohol, eat in the room or have a lot of needs or special requirements. So for me, being in Star Class would be about the attention to detail and ironing out the creases which could otherwise spoil a relaxing holiday. That includes making embarkation and disembarkation as easy as possible. Very few simple requirements but I expect each one to be taken care of with the minimum of fuss.

I have previously sampled butler service on QM2 where we were in the Queen's Grill. I have to say based on what I am reading here, Royal Caribbean's Star Class is far superior.

We’ve enjoyed Star Class so much on Oasis class ships that we will not book anything else, we also enjoy the bigger suites even though it only just my wife and I sailing. On our first Star Class sailing, we really didn’t use the Genie very much because we were so used to arranging everything ourselves.

But our Genie insist that we should leave more for her to do. We now have progress to the point that our Genie will arrange to have Starbucks delivered to our suite in the morning. And you have to experience in suite dining (not off the regular room service menu) from any Specialty Restaurant onboard. It’s not just attention from the Genie, we have noticed that as the program matures, we get more attentive service everywhere on the ship.

We’ve enjoyed Star Class so much on Oasis class ships that we will not book anything else, we also enjoy the bigger suites even though it only just my wife and I sailing. On our first Star Class sailing, we really didn’t use the Genie very much because we were so used to arranging everything ourselves.

But our Genie insist that we should leave more for her to do. We now have progress to the point that our Genie will arrange to have Starbucks delivered to our suite in the morning. And you have to experience in suite dining (not off the regular room service menu) from any Specialty Restaurant onboard. It’s not just attention from the Genie, we have noticed that as the program matures, we get more attentive service everywhere on the ship.

Which suite(s) did you sail in on the Oasis? Who was your Genie? Husband and I are sailing in RLS 1740 on the 10th of December and our Genie is Mary Joyce. I can't find reviews on how she is! Also, how much did you tip for two people?

Which suite(s) did you sail in on the Oasis? Who was your Genie? Husband and I are sailing in RLS 1740 on the 10th of December and our Genie is Mary Joyce. I can't find reviews on how she is! Also, how much did you tip for two people?

Joyce is beyond spectacular. We had her on the Harmony back in August. She truly cared about her guests and making us have the best vacation possible.

This picture shows the bond she formed with her guests.. My daughter still asks about her.. c95cd162cda1c2a04ed00e9b3d7134a1.jpg

Joyce is beyond spectacular. We had her on the Harmony back in August. She truly cared about her guests and making us have the best vacation possible.

This picture shows the bond she formed with her guests.. My daughter still asks about her.. c95cd162cda1c2a04ed00e9b3d7134a1.jpg

Wow! Cute! Thanks for your reply!

Amy, I have a cabin tour review posted below of Oasis 1740 in my expanded signature. It is very thorough and has pictures of every aspect of the cabin. There are also a few cabin hacks. It also shares some of our family’s adventures. Please take some time and read it over.

It was pre-Star Class but we have also sailed Star Class three times since so I can also help answer questions as well.

We have been in the Sky Loft 1718 on Oasis and 1720 on Allure; there is only two of us cruising. We had Marta as our Genie on Oasis and Marla on Allure. Both Genies were different, one was a little quiet and the other was very out going and engaging.

Genie Marla insisted that we call her in the morning for Starbucks after hearing that I had gone down to the Promenade to get Starbucks. And from that point on she would call us every night to get our Starbucks order.

I think on another thread, the consensus is between $50-100/ night depending on the number of people in the Suite and how “over and beyond” he/she performs.

Anyone else can comment on tipping the Genie?

We have been in the Sky Loft 1718 on Oasis and 1720 on Allure; there is only two of us cruising. We had Marta as our Genie on Oasis and Marla on Allure. Both Genies were different, one was a little quiet and the other was very out going and engaging.

Genie Marla insisted that we call her in the morning for Starbucks after hearing that I had gone down to the Promenade to get Starbucks. And from that point on she would call us every night to get our Starbucks order.

I think on another thread, the consensus is between $50-100/ night depending on the number of people in the Suite and how “over and beyond” he/she performs.

We left our genie I think 350 bucks between the 3 of us. We're pretty low maintenance. We also left our cabin attendant and his assistant some cash too, as well as our server in the MDR even though all of our tips are included.

Amy, I have a cabin tour review posted below of Oasis 1740 in my expanded signature. It is very thorough and has pictures of every aspect of the cabin. There are also a few cabin hacks. It also shares some of our family’s adventures. Please take some time and read it over.

It was pre-Star Class but we have also sailed Star Class three times since so I can also help answer questions as well.

Thank you for your review and photos! Your story is heartbreaking and I wish you and your family peace and all the best!!

We left our genie I think 350 bucks between the 3 of us. We're pretty low maintenance. We also left our cabin attendant and his assistant some cash too, as well as our server in the MDR even though all of our tips are included.

Husband and I are low maintenance and have been known to tidy up and clean the room so the stewards don't have to spend much time doing so. I know, I know, it's vacation but the staff works so hard so we try to give them a break! Plus, we won't be using the guest bedroom/bathroom since it's just the two of us (rccl waived the occupancy requirement of 4 guests when we upgraded from the owners loft suite to royal loft suite, in case anyone wants to upgrade in the future to the RLS with only two people- they'll waive it if you're willing to pay to upgrade!). Thanks for your reply!

We ended up giving our Royal Genie $ 100.00 per person as a tip ($ 400.00 total). We were very low maintenance and felt that it was right amount. We gave each of our room attendants $100.00. They were awesome.

-Carroll

• 5 months later...
This may seem like a silly question, but will a Genie reserve pool chairs for you?

I don’t think so. They never asked and we never though about asking. The suite sun deck area always had spots available whenever we went there.

Thanks for the info...I will be traveling in Nov on the Anthem and it would have been lovely to have reserved chairs in solarium since it will be cold the first couple of days. My line of though was if they save seats at shows..why wouldn’t they for the pool.

Thanks for the info...I will be traveling in Nov on the Anthem and it would have been lovely to have reserved chairs in solarium since it will be cold the first couple of days. My line of though was if they save seats at shows..why wouldn’t they for the pool.

I think because the show has a set start time, and if you miss it that is your own fault. The Genie also waits for your arrival or the start of the show.

The pool is there all day and if one doesn’t make it to their saved spot or hours later they have become a chair hog. I’m not saying that you are, but there are people who would do exactly that. They exists already, and many are not in any class of suite.

With the Suite sun deck there is a reserved area for all suite guests, including Star Class guests and I’d think that is why RC haven’t even opened to door to pool side seat saving. The shows are easy to hold a few seats, and that’s where RC decided to draw the line.

Supposedly the next class of ship will have a NCL suite pool area, like the Haven, and you will only have to beat a handful of people to the pool area to get a great spot. Even then I bet there are a few seat savers in the Haven that never show up.

I've now sailed Anthem twice in early March of the last two years (during unseasonably cold weather - the snowstorms each year). It's never been suggested to me that the genie would save a seat in the Solarium (though, never have asked about it). Any time I've strolled - there's always been plenty of chairs around in the Solarium and the covered pool even in the extreme cold weather.

And, on the new-builds with the Haven-like pool - this will be interesting. I've sailed NCL only for years in the Haven only. Actually, I generally opted for a Haven Suite but *outside* the Haven due to the noise-level issues in the Haven. And, yes, chair hogs exist even in the Haven. :(