bottle of wine as crew gift

atb

Nice jester, but isn't that like giving someone ice cream that works in Baskin Robbins?

Just saying.

Not if it's a unique flavor that Baskin Robbins doesn't carry.

Well it's kind of a secret ;) but although the limit is two per room, security doesn't know what people are together, so they usually only check for two per person.... If you get my drift. Just be prepared for which one you will leave behind if you get caught.

However to second what was already said, unless this "bar manager" is a person you already know specifically and has indicated this is something he might like, cash is generally king with the staff and always more useful than gifts.

We often have a spare bottle of wine at the end of a cruise - We sometimes get a gift that just isn't worth the points, as they say in WW. We leave it for our stateroom attendant in addition to extra cash. The crew have to pay for their drinks, can no longer bring alcohol onboard and, even if a person doesn't drink, s/he can give it to a friend who does. I'm confident that it's never wasted.

I understand senior officers are not allowed to drink. Crew can buy so many beer a week.

The think especially about bar staff. No drinking as they can nibble away at the liquor at the bar.

Senior officers are allowed to drink - they host tables for guests and, other than the Captains, have always had wine when we've been honored with an invitation. And there's a crew bar that's fully stocked. It's not free, but it's there.

Senior officers are allowed to drink - they host tables for guests and, other than the Captains, have always had wine when we've been honored with an invitation. And there's a crew bar that's fully stocked. It's not free, but it's there.

O.K. I was told by 1 ship hotel manager he is not allowed to drink. Hotel Manager.

Edited by SG007

So like I said before, since this is a person you already know...

Unlike the ice cream analogy, I think this would be like a chef appreciating a good meal. If this bar manager knows about good wine, I'm sure he'd appreciate the gift. So the advice the advice still applies and obviously you wouldn't abandon your good bottle if you get stopped for some reason.