Anthem Meet and Mingle

We cruised last year on Anthem in March. We never received an invite in our room the first night. We went to guest services and was told a place and time. Well, we went and no one was there. I was told the wrong time and missed it by an hour.:eek:

Now Serenade was great!!:halo::halo:

We were onboard this month and the Meet and Mingle was held in the music hall. One of the members of the activities staff was the Master of Ceremonies for the M&M, he gave lots of info and various prizes. The Cruise Director stopped by. They did ask where people came from, but there was not much "mingling", mostly just with the people in your seating area. It lasted about 1/2 hour, was pretty much the same as other M&M's. Much better than the one we did in June on Radiance where the activities staff member told us all about herself and not much else. In neither case did we get the paper pads and lanyards that we have gotten in the past.....not a big deal as we have so many of them, but for first timers it would have been nice.

Both M&M's had various prize drawings with the usual RCI stuff, water bottles, wine,

caps, etc. We won the backpack which contained lots of RCI stuff, and really came in handy in Labadee.....for a change DH could carry the beach stuff in the backpack and I didn't have to carry it in my beach bag! :)

I am curious to hear what past cruisers thought of the Meet and Mingle on the Anthem. Did you enjoy it? Do people actually mingle? What does the crew of the Anthem do at this event? Please share your thoughts.

This isn't exclusive to Anthem, it's always been hit or miss for me. Sometimes there's a group that seems to enjoy engaging with others, sometimes it's been a bunch of sour faces just there to see if they can score a bottle of wine.

We were onboard this month and the Meet and Mingle was held in the music hall. One of the members of the activities staff was the Master of Ceremonies for the M&M, he gave lots of info and various prizes. The Cruise Director stopped by. They did ask where people came from, but there was not much "mingling", mostly just with the people in your seating area. It lasted about 1/2 hour, was pretty much the same as other M&M's. Much better than the one we did in June on Radiance where the activities staff member told us all about herself and not much else. In neither case did we get the paper pads and lanyards that we have gotten in the past.....not a big deal as we have so many of them, but for first timers it would have been nice.

Both M&M's had various prize drawings with the usual RCI stuff, water bottles, wine,

caps, etc. We won the backpack which contained lots of RCI stuff, and really came in handy in Labadee.....for a change DH could carry the beach stuff in the backpack and I didn't have to carry it in my beach bag! :)

They didn't serve champagne, Rita? Every one of my Anthem cruises has had champagne served at the M 'n' M.

• Administrators

These parties are what you make them. They are """"all""""" about meeting other Cruise Critic members, particularly those on your Roll Call.

I always say sitting down id the kiss of death at these- you can't really mingle if you don't move.

That all said what can we do to make the Meet & Mingles a better experience?

Laura

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is there a problem with the RCCL web site since when you try to access the confirmed M & M list, you end up at RCCL's Customer Service and not the listing by ship and date?

Thanks.

MARAPRINCE

Yes, that part of the website has been broken for several weeks. You will get your M&M info onboard.

These parties are what you make them. They are """"all""""" about meeting other Cruise Critic members, particularly those on your Roll Call.

I always say sitting down id the kiss of death at these- you can't really mingle if you don't move.

That all said what can we do to make the Meet & Mingles a better experience?

Laura

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A better experience would have been to be invited, second, we should not have been given wrong info at GS.

We cruised last year on Anthem in March. We never received an invite in our room the first night. We went to guest services and was told a place and time. Well, we went and no one was there. I was told the wrong time and missed it by an hour.:eek:

Now Serenade was great!!:halo::halo:

I was on Anthem last December & had signed up for the M & M but never got a notice about it. We got lots of invitations to different auctions or activities to purchase items but never got the M& M invitation with the date & location.

LAURA: Is there anything you guys can do to get RC to fix the link that shows the M&M time and location. Unfortunately we've learned there is not always an invitation in our cabin.

I've already emailed RC but it got the standard response from them and it is not fixed yet.

Thanks in advance.

LAURA: Is there anything you guys can do to get RC to fix the link that shows the M&M time and location. Unfortunately we've learned there is not always an invitation in our cabin.

I've already emailed RC but it got the standard response from them and it is not fixed yet.

Thanks in advance.

It took quite awile for me to be able to sign up for the M & M and now I cannot find out any information about the date, time and place for the M & M on our sailing even though it says that we have over 50 people signed up for a confirmed M & M. I find that to be very strange. Also, it keeps directing me back to Customer Service!!!!!!

What is the problem?????

It took quite awile for me to be able to sign up for the M & M and now I cannot find out any information about the date, time and place for the M & M on our sailing even though it says that we have over 50 people signed up for a confirmed M & M. I find that to be very strange. Also, it keeps directing me back to Customer Service!!!!!!

What is the problem?????

That web page is gone. Only way to find out the M&M info is from the invitation you will get onboard.

We were on the Anthem in May. Someone from our thread organized a cabin crawl and a slot pull. We did the cabin crawl right after the M&M. We saw about 10 cabins. Some of the suites were amazing. If it wasn't for this cabin crawl I never would have seen any of these because the highest we go is a Balcony. The slot pull was really fun. We had about 20 people. Unfortunately we did not win a jackpot. So in answer to your question, the M&M is what your group makes of it.