Reservations at Chef's Table on Allure

My tickets have a complimentary dining at one of the specialty restaurants. I think I'd like to try Chef's Table. We are going on Allure in December. I was told by my TA that I'll get a voucher on the day of embarkation. Do you think I'll have problems finding a night at the Chef's Table? I read here that they only reserve dinner for 14 people so was wondering if it will be a problem. I don't think we have any preference which night and it can wait till the end. But I was concerned that waiting till embarkation might not give us any options for the Chef's Table. How fast do those reservations go?

On our recent Oasis cruise, they were searching for people to go to Chef's Table on night 1. Even giving a discount, they still had 4 or 5 empty seats. I think you will have more trouble later in the cruise.

Is Chef's Table something that is often included in these deals? I thought they were excluded (it is significantly more, after all.)

I would assume the free meal would be at Chops, 150 CP, etc.

I called and double checked (it's a special deal from Costco) -- any specialty restaurant.

I called and double checked (it's a special deal from Costco) -- any specialty restaurant.

Some of those offers from travel agencies have restrictions, such as: Only good on port days. Check the fine print. Or just call them and ask. It's their offer. :)

Some of those offers from travel agencies have restrictions, such as: Only good on port days. Check the fine print. Or just call them and ask. It's their offer. :)

Yes, thanks. I already called twice. They told me to rest assured that it's available for any restaurant on any day of the cruise.

Yes, thanks. I already called twice. They told me to rest assured that it's available for any restaurant on any day of the cruise.

Do others have experience with Chef's Table? I'm trying to see if it could be a problem to get a spot there on the day of embarkation. I've never cruised before. And also, any other restaurants that people really like? I read here about Giovanni and Samba, also considering those. It's only one time experience that I have a deal for, so it's going to be a tough choice among so many great options :)

That's helpful, thank you! I might shoot for the first night then.

I think it also depends on the individual cruise. When we were last on Oasis in Oct 2016, we did Chefs Table on Thursday eve and there were 6 open spaces. On several occasions during the week, we saw crew offering discounts. So it might be a bit of a crap shoot but there is a decent chance to make on board reservations for later nights.

Do others have experience with Chef's Table? I'm trying to see if it could be a problem to get a spot there on the day of embarkation. I've never cruised before. And also, any other restaurants that people really like? I read here about Giovanni and Samba, also considering those. It's only one time experience that I have a deal for, so it's going to be a tough choice among so many great options :)

If the offer includes the Chef's Table, then take that offer! It is by far the most expensive specialty restaurant experience on the ship.

On my transatlantic cruise in April I purchase the 5 dinner package and the chef table wasn't included. The chef table is not a restaurant.

Hmm, my package says 1 specialty dining experience. If for some reason Chef's Table is not available, I'll go with other options. Which ones did you enjoy? Debating between Giovanni's, Chops and Samba Grill.

I've done Chef's Table on several ships. As others have said it is not considered a specialty restaurant. It is a dining experience that is double and even triple what you would pay for a specialty restaurant. It is sometimes held in one of those venues like Chop's Grille. It is a fantastic dining experience and I highly recommend it. I would, however, be completely shocked if Costco included this experience in their "specialty dining" offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So glad I have CC. Yes, you are all right - finally after asking them more specific questions, Costco told me Chef's Table is not a choice. I am still considering it as an option. But for what's included, it seems that people really like Giovanni's. Would that be a good choice?

So glad I have CC. Yes, you are all right - finally after asking them more specific questions, Costco told me Chef's Table is not a choice. I am still considering it as an option. But for what's included, it seems that people really like Giovanni's. Would that be a good choice?

I'd probably go with 150 Central Park, at that is the next most expensive restaurant onboard. Don't get me wrong, Giovanni's is excellent, and it you are only going to one specialty restaurant, that would be my choice. But if you are going to more than one, then I'd make 150CP the free one.

I'd probably go with 150 Central Park, at that is the next most expensive restaurant onboard. Don't get me wrong, Giovanni's is excellent, and it you are only going to one specialty restaurant, that would be my choice. But if you are going to more than one, then I'd make 150CP the free one.

Agree...100%

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The chefs table is really not that popular as once thought.

On our last Allure sailing ( August of 2016), they kept walking around the suite lounge during evening cocktails asking if people would like to make reservations on any of our sailing nights...............they had many openings ..........................later we found out there were many cancellations because they could not get enough of an interest.

You will not have not problem.

Safe travels

The chefs table is really not that popular as once thought.

On our last Allure sailing ( August of 2016), they kept walking around the suite lounge during evening cocktails asking if people would like to make reservations on any of our sailing nights

You would think not that popular, but they are now offering it twice a night on Oasis. We did it a few years ago on Oasis and loved it. They were offering huge discounts during embarkation when we were hanging out in the SL. I think we got it for $75, but we ended up booking the entire table for 14. Other nights we saw the table half full and with a couple of officers attending.

It is a fun experience and we plan to do it again in October on Oasis.

We have done it twice on Carnival where you eat in the galley. The food is as good as RCCL and the venue is fun. Plus they had some pretty good entertainment come to the table between a course. I didn't find the wine pairings as good on Carnival as on RCCL.

We have been on Allure and on Oasis, both times there was someone offering 2 for 1 on the first night chefs table. Both times we were approached while sitting at Trellis Bar in central park. Although chefs table is not considered specialty dinning and is not included in the specialty dining packages it was being offered at half price on day embarkation day for $55.00 pp. Your voucher is worth 50.00 if you use it at chops. Considering your voucher is worth $50 you could try to talk the person looking for Chefs table guests into giving you the deal on day one. Even in the laid back Caribbean on Oasis I and one other were the only two men not wearing a sport coat or suit..