Woodwind Tours

siriuscruiser

We took this tour on July 31. It was the best snorkeling tour we have taken out of approx 30. The owner Diedra (D) was with us, she personally fitted everyone with a mask, snorkel and fins. She even has prescription mask. She also has rash guards, both long and short sleeve. They have wet suits, noodles, life vest, snorkel vest and boogie boards for your choosing. They were only 20 in our group and 3 guides so only about 7 per group. They kept a close eye on every one and pointed all the items to see.

After the snorkel D talked about the island and its history, she also offered us beer, rum punch, soft drinks and water. She cooked some local food, which was excellent.

Highly recommend this tour, would easily do it again.

• 1 month later...
Would you reccomend the tour with kids?

Have a 7 and 5 year old that I'd like to take. They are both very at home in the water, so I'm thinking the life vest and mask would be a perfect way to take them snokelling with us.

We did this tour in December, it was one of the best excursions we've ever done. I would highly recommend this for people of all ages and snorkeling ability. Dee, the owner, was great and personally worked with those that were beginners or needed extra help.

I'm not sure if there is an age limit or not. Send them an email, they are quick to respond to questions.

Maryanne

• 4 weeks later...

We booked them for an early December 2018 date after reading about them on Cruise Critic. Had some questions for them, and Ulf was very prompt with a response (we are beginners). Looking forward to going on this trip!

• 2 weeks later...
We booked them for an early December 2018 date after reading about them on Cruise Critic. Had some questions for them, and Ulf was very prompt with a response (we are beginners). Looking forward to going on this trip!

We will be taking our 4th trip (next month) with Dee and Ulf and look forward to again being aboard the ole Woodwind. They run a very professional operation and we have witnessed them taking good care of snorkel beginners. You will have a great time. They will usually have two people (Dee and a helper) in the water to help novices and also serve as guides to some of the sea life.

Hank

We LOVED Woodwind last week!!!!! We have snorekled all over the Caribbean, and we were truly amazed at the beauty under the water! Woodwind was the very best tour we have taken over the past 20 years of cruising. D and her crew were absolutely fabulous. From prescription masks (what a huge difference for me), protective shirts, wetsuits and hats, to gluten-free snacks - they've thought of everything!! Having guides point out and name the many, many fish and coral, was a HUGE plus. We must have seen 40 different kings of fish, and probably 15 types of coral. No other snorkeling excursion will ever surpass Woodwind! <3<3<3

• 1 month later...

We recently took our 4th snorkel tour on the Woodwind and all was excellent (as always). But I want to relate a story which shows why just about everyone who has done this tour loves Dee (the boss/owner). One of the men who was part of the recent group on our cruise was a snorkel novice and also not a confident person in the water. At the first stop he went in the water and was back on the boat within a minute...saying it was too difficult and the water too rough (the water was normal for the area). After everyone had returned to the boat, Dee took that gentleman back into the water. She had him just lay in the water while she pulled him along over the reef...for about 10 minutes. When he came back aboard the man was all smiles and Dee had made another friend (not to mention everyone on the boat who were impressed by what she did to help this guy).

Hank

• 1 month later...
Would you reccomend the tour with kids?

Have a 7 and 5 year old that I'd like to take. They are both very at home in the water, so I'm thinking the life vest and mask would be a perfect way to take them snokelling with us.

Took my 3 year old. They were great with him. He had a blast. Best excursion for snorkeling we’ve done

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...