Electrical Charging outlets on Royal Princess

webj

Hi,

Do rooms on royal princess have electrical charging outlets that are compatible with US plugs. 110 v, flat pin plugs?

Have to figure out how to charge some the electronics (phones, cameras etc.) while on the cruise.

Thanks

No surge protection as one isn't supposed to use items of that sort aboard ship. I use this. It's very convenient and the cord wraps around the unit and plugs in so it's easy to pack. There are two outlets on each side.

enhance

The Royal class ships actually have two usable receptacles separated by several feet. On the older Grand class ships the receptacles are so close together that often, only one is usable. Even with two you will probably need a power strip (no surge protector) as recommended above.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Odd follow up question.... I believe there is an outlet underneath the bed when configured in a Queen?? Does anyone know what type of outlet this is. I know in the past, when in an inside cabin(if it makes a difference) I have wanted to plug in my noise machine close to the nightstand, and the only option I found was under the bed but it was not compatible with the US plug of the machine. Thanks!!

Odd follow up question.... I believe there is an outlet underneath the bed when configured in a Queen?? Does anyone know what type of outlet this is. I know in the past, when in an inside cabin(if it makes a difference) I have wanted to plug in my noise machine close to the nightstand, and the only option I found was under the bed but it was not compatible with the US plug of the machine. Thanks!!
It is a Type F socket just like the one in the photo. You need to have a Type C or Type F plug. You also need to make certain that your noise machine is rated for 110-240V and 50-60Hz because I believe that outlet is 240V.

Thanks IECalCruiser.. I just bought an adapter for a trip to ireland but it is rectangular in shape so not sure it would fit in the round shape. I will probably just get one that you referenced.. and of course check to see what my noise machine is rated for

cibaygirls, The outlet you bought for Ireland should be a Type G which won't work on the Royal.

OREI Grounded Universal 2 in 1 Plug Adapter Type G for UK, Hong Kong, Singapore & mo... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004SCSV2U/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_SnlNzbX9ZS26T

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I actually bought one that adapts to fit a wide variety of outlet types.. so I think it is able to configure to the type needed.. my only concern is that it is rectangular in shape,so not sure it will fit into that round hole. Thanks though so much for your input!!

I actually bought one that adapts to fit a wide variety of outlet types.. so I think it is able to configure to the type needed.. my only concern is that it is rectangular in shape,so not sure it will fit into that round hole. Thanks though so much for your input!!
That type of adapter will typically have an extension on the European plug so that the entire adapter does not go into the socket.

This is what I used:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A17I1VW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Type: E/F