Princess "MoveOver" offers.

charlesnMiami

Kind of an odd post for a business person. "Hey everyone, I'm in business to provide a service to you. Here's a situation where I couldn't. But really, it wasn't my fault. ...Really. .....Anyone else want to hire me?"

Kind of an odd post for a business person. "Hey everyone, I'm in business to provide a service to you. Here's a situation where I couldn't. But really, it wasn't my fault. ...Really. .....Anyone else want to hire me?"

Exactly! Great post.

A friend asked me how I can be stressed about going on a cruise..... Well, I am the customer Steve has been talking about. We were all excited about our cruise until the moveover offer came along. Then like others, we thought, 'let's take advantage of it!', but we don't have the available funds right now to purchase additional airfare at a much higher cost than when we originally booked it as we also have other things going on right now. We didn't choose a more costly cruise, we chose the exact same cruise later on, but had questions about the airfare compensation that was discussed in the moveover offer. One would think that if the person on the phone didn't know the answers to our questions, she could find the answers, or get a supervisor involved. While we appreciate the offer from Princess, at some point, the additional cost in airfare makes their offer a moot point. And we can't make an informed decision without having all the facts. I have called customer service, i have emailed customer service, as has Steve and his boss, and still after 5 days, have not received any answers. I hate resorting to 'public shaming', but our intentions to keep this in house among us and Princess has not given us the answers we need. This is my second cruise I have booked through Steve, and he has always gone above and beyond to help me and other people I know. I will book with Steve again, just not with Princess.

Now I'm wondering what the customer service will be like on the ship, this is my 'trip of a lifetime' and would hate to encounter problems during it.

Plain and simple the answer is no to the move over offer. The fact that Steve doesn't understand the principals of the move over offer and didn't advise you to say no due to the circumstances listed above speaks volumes of his lack of experience as a cruise travel agent. I also find him to be unprofessional by coming here to slam the cruise line that pays his commission. I hope he offered you some on board credit for your booking. One thing that I learned from cruise critic is that travel agents offer on board credit and Princess allows them to discount the cruise. The move over offer isn't an opportunity for the cruise line to give a free cruise to a lucky winner. It's to entice someone who can be flexible in changing their plans. Like you I would not be able to make a snap decision since I have financial constraints and vacation time from work to consider. My answer would be no. I wouldn't expect a company who is losing money by refunding my fare and giving me credit for a future cruise to provide me with top notch customer service for this particular situation. They need to get someone to take the offer as quick as possible. I suggest you continue to follow Cruise Critic. The members here have been more helpful and more knowledgeable than any travel agent or cruise line customer service rep that I have come across.

Op's profile is in violation of CC's rules by including a link to his website. I too am happy that my TA knows his "stuff".

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you go to his site you will understand why he doesn't understand the rules. This is one of the offers listed. Aside from the fact that the offer expired on July 24th, any Princess cruiser knows that the coupon book is more valuable as a door stop than as a coupon book. It really wasn't smart to come to a Princess fan club site and not except to be outed by starting a negative thread about the cruise line.

• PRINCESS CRUISES - Reduced Deposit, Onboard Coupon Booklet most ALL sailings. Reserve by July 24th.

You are the one that didn't service your clients booking. Instead of complaining here you should have spent that effort on the phone with Princess to resolve any issues. Your client should not have had to concern themselves, that is YOUR JOB.

This is exactly what I was thinking.

Before I retired from AT&T, one of my jobs was provisioning for high-speed internet. I would have to work with the business office, installation technicians, engineers, central office, etc. The client couldn't care less about the "behind the scenes" work that it took to get their line in and working.

A good TA would have taken care of all of the details and legwork before calling the client.

My clients received a "moveover offer" for their upcoming Sep. Med cruise. Princess says that the Sep cruise is over booked and thus they are making this offer. It has been a nightmare to try to work with the Inventory Department as they seem to be understaffed for the number of offers they have sent out. You call the only number provided and it goes to voicemail. When they finally call you back they can't answer questions concerning air changes and other changes necessary to make the move. It is no so simple when folks have air with other providers, hotels, excursions and transfers. involved. Customer service isn't a service when dealing with this department.

How could Princess possibly provide all the details of how their move over offer would affect your clients bookings with other providers? That's your job since only you know all these details.