Princess "MoveOver" offers.

charlesnMiami

You are so right Grego. In many cases it is not a simple yes or no. Lots of other factors are involved in the decision but it seems like Inventory Department only wants a yes or no at the time you call. The offer talks about air change fees being covered but what if the client has to cancel the air? If they book Princess EzAir flex fee is the complete payment now due immediately or upon Paid in Full Date for the future cruise?

Cruise lines have a pretty strict policy concerning refunds after paid in full dates so they are protected from a lot of last minute cancellations and as you say, need to be staffed to handle questions concerning these offers. Needless to say, my clients are upset with their Customer Service and say they won't book Princess again.

Since your the travel agent it's up to you to find out all the information for your client. Try asking other experienced TA's how they handled it. I would be very hesitant to use a TA who doesn't know how to handle the issues associated with my booking.

Canceling and rebooking is not easy for a customer. There are a number of factors to make the decision. I don't expect the Princess rep to know my considerations and guide me in making an informed decision. I recognize their limitations and their primary job of accepting the customer decision and initiating the change in booking when accepted.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would expect the Princess rep to be able to answer a question about PrincessEzAir or at a minimum connect me to a department that could provide that answer about PrincessEzAir payment policy.

Since your the travel agent it's up to you to find out all the information for your client. Try asking other experienced TA's how they handled it. I would be very hesitant to use a TA who doesn't know how to handle the issues associated with my booking.

Yes, I am their agent and have not pushed anything back on them. You seem to make the assumption that this is the only place I have discussed the issues. Not so, and that is my point In going directly to the source, Princess, the answers have not been provided and I will not shoot from the hip without the response being verified. My client will keep their current booking but will not come back to Princess because of their failure to provide Customer Service. Pretty simple.

If you are not looking for answers or to solve your problem, what's the point? Wouldn't each person be able to draw their own conclusions as to the quality of customer service based on their own experiences? I have had nothing but positive results in dealing with Princess. I am not so naive as to think that everyone has had the same experiences. But reading about your issues (or, more accurately, your client's issues) isn't going to color my view. In reading the first post, I scratched my head and wondered aloud: Is this post really about:

• Move Over offers (as the title suggests);
  • A general complaint about customer service (as the direction has taken);
  • An attempt to "out" or embarrass PCL in a public forum as in "social media shaming"; or
  • A way to advertise that you are a travel agent (as the cynic in me wonders).

These are my thoughts too! :D

I would expect the Princess rep to be able to answer a question about PrincessEzAir or at a minimum connect me to a department that could provide that answer about PrincessEzAir payment policy.

I agree that you could have been directed to another department like Princess EZAir. But that would have meant ending your call without consummating the transaction and once clarified and offer deemed acceptable, getting again in queue on the rep's voice message box for a call back. Being a first come first serve offer, the chance may be lost.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A friend asked me how I can be stressed about going on a cruise..... Well, I am the customer Steve has been talking about. We were all excited about our cruise until the moveover offer came along. Then like others, we thought, 'let's take advantage of it!', but we don't have the available funds right now to purchase additional airfare at a much higher cost than when we originally booked it as we also have other things going on right now. We didn't choose a more costly cruise, we chose the exact same cruise later on, but had questions about the airfare compensation that was discussed in the moveover offer. One would think that if the person on the phone didn't know the answers to our questions, she could find the answers, or get a supervisor involved. While we appreciate the offer from Princess, at some point, the additional cost in airfare makes their offer a moot point. And we can't make an informed decision without having all the facts. I have called customer service, i have emailed customer service, as has Steve and his boss, and still after 5 days, have not received any answers. I hate resorting to 'public shaming', but our intentions to keep this in house among us and Princess has not given us the answers we need. This is my second cruise I have booked through Steve, and he has always gone above and beyond to help me and other people I know. I will book with Steve again, just not with Princess.

Now I'm wondering what the customer service will be like on the ship, this is my 'trip of a lifetime' and would hate to encounter problems during it.

• Like 1

And that appears to be exactly what has happened easyboy. After getting the price and policy from PrincessEzAir on a second call I called back and got back into the queue. That was 24 hours ago and no return call from agent. Unfortunately you can't book Princess EzAir with out a booked cruise confirmation number to associate with the EzAir booking so unless they are able to answer a pricing question and payment policy question from the Inventory office you must make a leap of faith that the new air cost and payment plan is doable. Note if the client were originally booked with Princess EzAir there would be no issues as Princess rebooks at a new price on the spot or allows you to call back and book the flight later with no change charges.

my move over offer went seamlessly. i had booked ezair so the change in cost wasn't a factor, princess paid the extra. my contact at princess knew the answers to my questions and was available by email all the time.

sorry you had a bad experience but i don't believe that is the 'norm'. question?: when a travel agent calls princess don't you talk to a different person than the regular csr's who are pretty much only order-takers?

its too bad you've written off princess. millions of cruises work out perfectly. you have limited yourself as an agent by swearing off princess.

A friend asked me how I can be stressed about going on a cruise..... Well, I am the customer Steve has been talking about. We were all excited about our cruise until the moveover offer came along. Then like others, we thought, 'let's take advantage of it!', but we don't have the available funds right now to purchase additional airfare at a much higher cost than when we originally booked it as we also have other things going on right now. We didn't choose a more costly cruise, we chose the exact same cruise later on, but had questions about the airfare compensation that was discussed in the moveover offer. One would think that if the person on the phone didn't know the answers to our questions, she could find the answers, or get a supervisor involved. While we appreciate the offer from Princess, at some point, the additional cost in airfare makes their offer a moot point. And we can't make an informed decision without having all the facts. I have called customer service, i have emailed customer service, as has Steve and his boss, and still after 5 days, have not received any answers. I hate resorting to 'public shaming', but our intentions to keep this in house among us and Princess has not given us the answers we need. This is my second cruise I have booked through Steve, and he has always gone above and beyond to help me and other people I know. I will book with Steve again, just not with Princess.

Now I'm wondering what the customer service will be like on the ship, this is my 'trip of a lifetime' and would hate to encounter problems during it.

There have been numerous posts here on CC regarding move over offers that were turned down as the flight changes didn't work for the poster or perhaps the timing didn't work due to work schedules or private tours or hotels that were booked and paid for in advance. There are many reasons people don't take advantage of a move over offer. Just shrug and say, "Oh, well" and continue as before.

I have always found the service onboard Princess ships to be excellent. Enjoy your cruise as originally planned. :D

Several folks on our cruise beginning next week on the CB have taken move-over offers from Princess. In their cases, they're moving from balcony cabins to inside cabins and receiving their cruise fares back in refundable on-board credits. Made me wish we had booked a balcony instead of an inside if we could have received the same offer. But at the time I booked, a balcony cabin would have cost us $700 more.

If you are not looking for answers or to solve your problem, what's the point? Wouldn't each person be able to draw their own conclusions as to the quality of customer service based on their own experiences? I have had nothing but positive results in dealing with Princess. I am not so naive as to think that everyone has had the same experiences. But reading about your issues (or, more accurately, your client's issues) isn't going to color my view. In reading the first post, I scratched my head and wondered aloud: Is this post really about:

• An attempt to "out" or embarrass PCL in a public forum as in "social media shaming"; or

YES!!! I totally agree, as I wondered the same exact thing!

And the OP seems to either be a new travel agent or one who doesn't know much about cruising or cruiselines by the questions asked and the poor knowledge of how bookings are arranged. Glad I have an experienced TA.

Glad I have an experienced TA.

Amen! This really makes us appreciate what we have, doesn't it. I absolutely cannot imagine my very professional and knowledgeable TA coming here to Cruise Critic to complain about a problem that she can't get resolved with Princess! No way would she do that! In the first place, her network and resources are wide enough that she WOULD get it resolved--she might be a bit frustrated, but it would get done without venting here on CC.

Is this really appropriate for Cruise Critic--a travel agent enumerating his individual beefs with the internal workings of a specific cruise line? Seems to me much of the problem is not understanding that a move-over offer is totally optional, and that you client will still have a cabin if they simply ignore the offer (even if their guarantee cabin is still unassigned).

Anyway, the "power of social media" the OP seems to get his jollies using is all to prone to come back around and bite the person feeding it. Especially one giving away far too much identiying info--which just may be again the Cruise Critic guidelines in the first place:

Participation of Travel Agents

Travel agents (and their associates, employees or designated representative) are encouraged to participate in the discussions on the Cruise Board and establish themselves as experts on a particular topic by responding to members' inquiries with useful answers. You are welcome to sign your name and note your professional business as long as you comply with the following:

- You may not use your business name as your Cruise Critic user name.

- You may sign your posts with your first name only.

- You may include your company name in your signature.

- You may not list your phone number, business location (city or state), web site address, contact info or e-mail address.

- You may not include your location and/or website address in your Cruise Critic profile.

- Responding to member's inquiries on the boards with an ad for your services is not allowed.

- Only items of a general nature may be discussed on the forums by any travel agent.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/faq.php?faq=guidelines

I agree 100% if the agent were willing to answer the client's questions but that wasn't the case. . She hung up claiming a bad connection but wdidn't call back I called but never got a reply even after leaving voice mail and repeating the questions. We have been trying to get answers for 3 days, involved the BDM who is on vacation and left no additional contact while she is away. Just really poor customer service.

We didn't understand it fully either. She also hung up claiming a bad connection and didn't call back. We also did not get all the OBC we thought we were entitled to. I tried emails on the website and numerous calls. No one would tell me who she reported to. It wasn't until we were on the replacement cruise that we got everything straightened out.

Normally I would tell a relatively new cruiser like yourself to take a deep breath and relax. But all this 'inability' to obtain answers has me aghast at your TA's lack of knowledge. Truly.

It is water under the bridge now, as your opportunity to take advantage of the moveover is likely long gone. But just in case lightning strikes twice, you need to know that the EZAir rates for your potential replacement cruise are readily available on the "Flight Quotes" tab. I cannot believe that a trained travel agent does not already know this, much less that you and he both called (and emailed FTLOG!) multiple times and still have not discovered it.

If you have other specific questions about aspects of the offer, please do post them here; there are many passengers with significantly more knowledge than what Steve/Charlie has thus far demonstrated.

Lastly, let me just wish you luck on your future bookings with your TA.:o

Thanks Cheryl. And the question wasn't specifically about the flight costs, but when they would have to be paid as the cruise has already been paid in full. I will have plenty of time on the flight to Athens to chill and get back to my normal attitude of 'everything happens the way it's supposed to'. :)

Cindy, the payment due date for a replacement cruise is the same as any other booking, including the EZAir payment. For most cruises that is 75 days before. I am guessing from earlier posts you are on the Sep. 2 sailing? With a potential replacement next spring?

If you do get the second callback (and please note YOU can place the call, it doesn't need to be the TA), please know that in most cases you do not need to choose a replacement cruise right then and there. They just want your cabin, and you can take some time to figure out where and when you want to use the credit they are offering.

The big question IMO is whether your independent air can be booked under the terms of the ticket for when you need it. If you would have to cancel air entirely, that pretty much makes a moveover offer a wash in most cases. There are exceptions, like the folks who were offered three 14 day cruises anywhere, plus fully refunded fares as refundable OBC. I know!

I got the same move over offer from the Sept 2 Royal sailing.

Michelle in the corporate office was fantastic! We moved to the Oct 11 sailing on the Royal. She took care of our air and moved all of the stuff we had over to the new cruise.

It was a great deal, too good to pass up!

Actually it is the second major issue I have had with Princess that went unresolved for over a week before client cancelling an Alaska cruise because they refused to honor her all inclusive beverage package that was part of her deal. It's not just one person.

Why not?

Interesting that the OP has never cruised Princess in his long list of cruises. Perhaps he should take a Princess cruise sometime in order to better educate himself for his clients....:confused:

And I find it interesting that a travel agent would post complaints about a cruise line on a public forum that is monitored by the cruise line when a travel agent's livelihood depends in large part on fostering a positive relationships with travel providers. The next time he requests a favor from Princess, what does he think is going to happen? There's a lot here that doesn't add up including the OP's "join date" here and the very low number of posts that predate this thread. Of all the issues and topics that have come up over the years, this is the issue that flushed him out?:confused:

I am booked on a cruise next week with a guarantee cabin, on our roll call it looks like several of the people have been offered a downgraded cabin to open cabins for the people that have booked guarantees. They were offered an inside cabin and will receive their full fare in refundable OBC. No one has mentioned any difficulty in dealing with the people at princess. I hope that I get a lovely upgrade since my fellow passengers are giving up their cabins for people like me.

Why would that be difficult? They are still on the same cruise with the same hotel reservations, same flights, and same booked excursions. It's a no brainer no questions asked downgrade if you are willing to accept an interior.

Yes, I am their agent and have not pushed anything back on them. You seem to make the assumption that this is the only place I have discussed the issues. Not so, and that is my point In going directly to the source, Princess, the answers have not been provided and I will not shoot from the hip without the response being verified. My client will keep their current booking but will not come back to Princess because of their failure to provide Customer Service. Pretty simple.

You are the one that didn't service your clients booking. Instead of complaining here you should have spent that effort on the phone with Princess to resolve any issues. Your client should not have had to concern themselves, that is YOUR JOB.

He had me at "My client".