Anyone regretted getting Cheers??

We aren't big drinkers, but enjoy a few. First cruise we didn't get it and I was constantly looking at our bar tab on the tv in our room. Next 2 cruises, we bought the package and it was so nice not to worry about our drinks. It also includes powerade, coffee, milkshakes, pop, bottled water, juices, etc. Even if our beverage bill didn't reach the amount we paid for Cheers, it was still worth it, because we didn't spend anytime worrying about drink costs and we also tried new liquors, that we never would have tried due to $$$.

My wife and I don't bother with the cheers anymore. We have found that we can bring enough on board, through various means, that it isn't worth it to buy the package. Plus, we may be an anomaly, but we actually drink less on a cruise than we do at home. lol

we did it on our last cruise and it was totally worth it for us. I hit 15 the first night, mostly just to see if it was doable. I think the rest of the trip I didn't go over 12. But if you have approx. 6 drinks a day doing the math.... you are coming out ahead. I think Carnival offers it because not everyone drinks as much as my group. So they do make money on a some people who just drink about 6/day, but then you have people like us and our friends who almost max out daily. the program is popular enough that they keep making money, but also convenient enough that a bunch of people enjoy it.

We have never bought Cheers and never plan on doing it. I always try different drinks and if I don't like them, they always make me another one and they never charge me for it. I have sent a drink back 3 times because it was not made to my liking and ended up with 3 free ones while only paying for 1. We never keep track of how much we are drinking and have never spent over what it would cost if we got Cheers. We also do not drink coffee, soda, milkshakes etc. Last cruise was a 5 day and we only spent $249 between the both of us on liquor, and we drank generously--we also got a few free drinks from the bartenders (as we tip very generously). You would be surprised what a smile and a wink will do for you.

You clearly keep track of your drinking if you can spout off your total bar tab.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

Big Baller Brand material!

Actually I think a Baller wouldn't get Cheers.......

They'd want to order what they want - whenever they want and not deal with all the rules.

Wait 5 minutes, no doubles, no buckets, no large format drinks, no "I need to stick to the recipe B.S." - etc.

I got it on my cruise last year and pretty much broke even. However I did find myself making sure that I drank more than 6 drinks a day every day to break even. I told myself that I probably wouldn't get Cheers again on my next cruise but after reading a thread about the Alchemy drinks I decided to go ahead and get it. I am leaving from Galveston so I just have to pay for 6 days and I do have $200 in OBC that I will use to pay for it. Since this is my only cruise this year I am going to do it and try all of those yummy drinks.

If you are going to purchase the cheers with your OBC, you will end up paying more money for the cheers package than paying for it ahead of time.

Carnival wins when people buy cheers. If they didn't win , it would not be offered. Think about it. Carnival feels they are making more money by selling you Cheers than they would if you bought every drink individually.

Soooo-- if they win, who do you think loses ?

Then from that argument you should never go on a cruise period because Carnival is winning and you are losing because of the rate you book your cruise is obviously still making Carnival money.

The Cheers program isn't about getting the better deal for everyone. Let's be honest, if you're so concerned about the pricing and if you are getting a good deal for yourself, then you probably should be going on a cruise in the first place. I will continue to get the Cheers every single time I go on a cruise because A) it is paid for in advance and therefore I don't have to worry about what I am ordering while on the ship, B) it allows me the flexibility of trying new things and not thinking I wasted my money if I don't like it, and C) because if I was concerned about at least breaking even, then I know that without a doubt I am always money ahead on the Cheers even if I only had 5 or 6 drinks a day.

We have never bought Cheers and never plan on doing it. I always try different drinks and if I don't like them, they always make me another one and they never charge me for it. I have sent a drink back 3 times because it was not made to my liking and ended up with 3 free ones while only paying for 1. We never keep track of how much we are drinking and have never spent over what it would cost if we got Cheers. We also do not drink coffee, soda, milkshakes etc. Last cruise was a 5 day and we only spent $249 between the both of us on liquor, and we drank generously--we also got a few free drinks from the bartenders (as we tip very generously). You would be surprised what a smile and a wink will do for you.

So those that buy Cheers/and or just pay as they go "pay" for your drinks? Trying drinks/ not made to your liking/getting another drink does add "costs".

And the consumer does get the cost passed on to them one way or the other.

So those that buy Cheers/and or just pay as they go "pay" for your drinks? Trying drinks/ not made to your liking/getting another drink does add "costs".

That's a lot like saying one should never take back food served in a restaurant even if it's horrible because it will increase their food costs.

That's pretty heavy cheer-leading don't you think?

If I don't care for something I've ordered as a customer, it's not inappropriate to request something else, it's expected.

Did the research and Carnival Cheers FAQ's does show self dispensing machine are NOT included.

I stand corrected and admit my lack of knowledge. Thank you for confirming that for us. You definitely just saved me some money on my upcoming cruise because lord knows I would have stopped to have one poured!!!

I have never regretted it but my husband has a couple of times. First because of all the hangovers lol but mostly, a couple times he hasn't felt great and wasn't in a big drinking mood. FOr me, I am usually not a drinker. But when I cruise, that all changes. I like to try different cocktails and martinis and if I don't like the drink I don't feel like I have to drink it like I do if I just paid $10 for it. It sounds like a lot of drinking to get your money's worth but it really isn't. Plus it's so great to get really good coffee and tea at the coffee bar. Also fancy coffees after dinner is nice.

For me, I usually get a Kiss on the Lips which is mango puree and peach schnapps. I'll have that sometimes with breakfast, then a fancy cocktail or two with lunch, then a Tom Collins or two during the afternoon. A glass of wine with dinner. Then I get a tea from the coffee shop after dinner. Then I'll have a drink or two at the piano bar, end the night with a shot or two and that adds up to around 10 drinks which would total around $100.

But you did just pay $10 for it. Doesn’t matter if you pay upfront or at the end, the drinks aren’t free. You pay for them, end of story.

Well then that would be on the bartender that does not charge me! I do not ask for free drinks they just give them to me. Sorry they don't do that for you. I am not the only one that get free drinks, I have seen other people get free drinks too--none had cheers.

For the cost, and needing to buy it for both in the cabin, I just can’t imagine drinking enough to justify the cost. The hubby and I don’t usually have more than 3 drinks a day when cruising (and that’s a lot more than we ever drink!)—-1 poolside in afternoon, 1 glass of wine at dinner, and sometimes a nightcap. There is no way we would get our money’s worth. On our last NCL cruise, we had the UBP as a perk, and enjoyed it, but I’d never buy it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That's a lot like saying one should never take back food served in a restaurant even if it's horrible because it will increase their food costs.

That's pretty heavy cheer-leading don't you think?

If I don't care for something I've ordered as a customer, it's not inappropriate to request something else, it's expected.

3 Times?

Yes it can be expected once , usually the second time it’s right.

Not cheer-leading at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Actually I think a Baller wouldn't get Cheers.......

They'd want to order what they want - whenever they want and not deal with all the rules.

Wait 5 minutes, no doubles, no buckets, no large format drinks, no "I need to stick to the recipe B.S." - etc.

Yeah true, should have got Lavar Ball to be spokesperson instead of Shaq! You know cutback isn't in Lavar's vocabulary!

Then from that argument you should never go on a cruise period because Carnival is winning and you are losing because of the rate you book your cruise is obviously still making Carnival money.

The Cheers program isn't about getting the better deal for everyone. Let's be honest, if you're so concerned about the pricing and if you are getting a good deal for yourself, then you probably should be going on a cruise in the first place. I will continue to get the Cheers every single time I go on a cruise because A) it is paid for in advance and therefore I don't have to worry about what I am ordering while on the ship, B) it allows me the flexibility of trying new things and not thinking I wasted my money if I don't like it, and C) because if I was concerned about at least breaking even, then I know that without a doubt I am always money ahead on the Cheers even if I only had 5 or 6 drinks a day.

Thank you for helping keep the price of our Carnival cruise at a very reasonable level. Please encourage others to purchase as well !