cruising with infant?

megann831

I'm considering going on a cruise while on maternity leave since as a teacher I never get to take advantage of lower off-season rates or less crowded ships. Are there any cruise lines that take babies at 4-6 months? We'd also have a 6 and 8 year olds so we'd need to fit 5 in the room.

When do you want to go? In the winter, Pulmantur sails the Southern Caribbean and they take babies under 6 months. You kinda need to know some Spanish, though. It's possible MSC does not have an age minimum. I have not been able to find one on their website. EM

Most mainstream lines require a child to be 6 mos. on the day the ship leaves....

As far as the cabin, it's going to be quite tight with 5 in a standard cabin...and many ships do NOT have cabins that sleep 5. You would have to get a "family cabin" (which is sort of like a suite), or 2 connecting cabins, which might be a good option. Kids in 1 cabin, adults in the other, with a door directly between the 2 cabins.

Most lines have a minimum age of 6 months and many increase this minimum to 12 months where the ship has more than two consecutive sea days in the itinerary. I should carefully look at any prospective cruise lines terms and conditions on this point and other rules relating to children.

Regards John