Hyatt Regency Pier 66-Fort Lauderdale

TimeToGetNauti

Hi everyone. I just have a quick question. Has anyone stayed at this hotel and what were your impressions. I am looking to cash in some credit card rewards points and I can get a room here for free. Is it a nice hotel? Is there anything in the area within walking distance? Do you know if there is a shuttle from the airport or to the cruise port?

Thank you all for your input.

Yes we stayed here and had a tower room. The pool area is lovely and it's right on the river taxi route. There is a payable shuttle to the port. There's not much near it in terms of stores other than a gas station across the road and a Walmart across the bridge but it's only a short cab ride to the mall, las olas or beachfront. Our room was spacious with a large balcony and we could watch the ships come in

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There is no Walmart nearby, it's Walgreens. And in the same area as the Walgreens is quite a few restaurants and stores. It's just a 10 - 15 minute walk over the bridge, and it's a nice walk, over the big bridge! There is a water taxi stop here that can take you to all sorts of restaurants and things to do, notably Las Olas.

If you want a truly walkable hotel, I'd look at something on the Hollywood Broadwalk. But the Hyatt Pier 66 is really not a bad spot, just not terribly walkable but you have the water taxi which is much more fun anyways. Plus nothing is further than a quick Uber ride to very walkable areas. Consider that you probably wouldn't want to stay on Las Olas anyways - so plan to hop in an uber or water taxi.

You might read some reviews on TripAdvisor. We've stayed here a number of time, and will be staying again in December. The first time, we used points for a free night, but you have to know that you'll get the lowest category room, and those tend to get the worst reviews. There's a high-rise tower and low-rise, motel-like rooms, and the rooms booked on points typically get the low-rise rooms.

The hotel is good for a night, but it has seen better days. The property sold about a year ago, and the new owners are evaluating renovation and redevelopment plans, and it's obvious they're not putting a lot of dollars into the property other than for routine maintenance.

You might read some reviews on TripAdvisor. We've stayed here a number of time, and will be staying again in December. The first time, we used points for a free night, but you have to know that you'll get the lowest category room, and those tend to get the worst reviews. There's a high-rise tower and low-rise, motel-like rooms, and the rooms booked on points typically get the low-rise rooms.

The hotel is good for a night, but it has seen better days. The property sold about a year ago, and the new owners are evaluating renovation and redevelopment plans, and it's obvious they're not putting a lot of dollars into the property other than for routine maintenance.

For many years, going as far back as 1973, the Hyatt Regency Pier 66 was my favorite Fort Lauderdale hotel. I patronized them several times. Then, the hotel was sold; the Pier Top Lounge closed except for special parties. The service and ambiance suffered and did not meet my expectations for what a Hyatt affiliated property should offer. Apparently, the property has been sold again. For me, that would further discourage me from considering making a reservation at this once esteemed hotel.