Best Beach at Labadee?

dedosr

Columbus Cove!!! We were just there last month and rented a cabana, it was the best thing we ever did. Resrtooms and cafe very close by. Beach is awesome, smooth sand and easy water access.

It comes with personal attendant, towels, bottled water and 2 float mats. Not to mention best view of the ship!! Worth every penny!

Columbus Cove!!! We were just there last month and rented a cabana, it was the best thing we ever did. Resrtooms and cafe very close by. Beach is awesome, smooth sand and easy water access.

It comes with personal attendant, towels, bottled water and 2 float mats. Not to mention best view of the ship!! Worth every penny!

We have a bungalow booked that says it's for up to 8 people, yet it says 2 towels and 2 water mats are supplied. There will be 4 of us. Do you know if they will give us extra towels and mats if we ask the attendant?

Is it just me, or does anyone else miss the Labadee of 20 yrs ago before they started "improving" it?

It used to be a little paradise. Now it's like a damn city. Paved roads, buildings everywhere. Paid beaches.

This was my favorite place back in 1997 then again in 2000 and 2001. By the time we went back, it had totally changed and lost its charm.

The only thing on Labadee was the beach, food, Dragons Breath,and volleyball courts. You could actually walk all the way around the island without worrying about being on someones "private" beach that you didn't pay for.

It's not just you. We miss the "old" Labadee also. Too much concrete, too many buildings now. It is like a city. :(

It's not just you. We miss the "old" Labadee also. Too much concrete, too many buildings now. It is like a city. :(

Then again....when you do the math on a higher-grade cabin and added fee for a cabana...you could rent a 5-star hotel for the same one-day daily rate of a cabana at Labadee. Perhaps the cabanas are the first things that should come down since there are "too many buildings" there...?

Then again....when you do the math on a higher-grade cabin and added fee for a cabana...you could rent a 5-star hotel for the same one-day daily rate of a cabana at Labadee. Perhaps the cabanas are the first things that should come down since there are "too many buildings" there...?

What are you talking about? I simply said I like the way Labadee used to be, with less concrete and less buildings.

I guess explained in that way...it's now understood.

Not sure that many people agree...but it is certainly one valid point of view.

It's not just the abundance of buildings. It's also all of the concrete paths/roads/whatever. It just seemed more "authentic" before these changes.

It's not just the abundance of buildings. It's also all of the concrete paths/roads/whatever. It just seemed more "authentic" before these changes.

Understood...it certainly is more "developed" in terms of the roads/paths/etc. They may have needed to do that for liability reasons. But agree it's certainly less "original" than a few years ago. It's also not one of our preferred stops anyway...so we just grin and bear it or else enjoy more onboard time. Falmouth is a close 2nd in that regard.

I remember tendering in from the Mariner of the Seas

Barefoot beach was shared by all.

Snorkeling had better fishies to see.

Yup, times have changed.

Safe travels

Not just you, and the same thing is about to happen to Coco Cay.

It's been 20 years since I've been to Coco Cay. I remember liking Labadee much better (we went to both on that cruise). Maybe I'd like Coco Cay better than the city of Labadee now....

It's been 20 years since I've been to Coco Cay. I remember liking Labadee much better (we went to both on that cruise). Maybe I'd like Coco Cay better than the city of Labadee now....

We've got two shots to make it to Coco Cay very soon, and I plan on enjoying it before it gets too built up.