Luggage Direct/ FLL

bobchico

I've read in Luggage Direct posts that you have to disembark early ( around 8:15am) if you are using this service. If your bags are going on to the airport without you, why can't you stay on board as long as possible. We have Southwest flight from FLL departing at 2pm.

If your bags are going on to the airport without you, why can't you stay on board as long as possible.

When your bags clear Customs you have to be there in case they are selected to be inspected. The bags can't be sent on until they are cleared.

The last time I used Luggage Direct in Ft. Lauderdale I was in the first group off the ship after self-disembark, who were called at 7:30. I was sitting at my gate by 8:20-8:25 for an 11:40 flight.

If you mean LUGGAGE VALET, we have used it many times when returning home from a cruise in Fort Lauderdale..

Once you attach the airline tags on your bags and put them outside your door the night before you disembark, you don't see them again until you get to your home airport.

And if you find a comfy spot to hang out you can stay on until the very end, before you leave and head to customs with your carry ons.

This is for flights inside the USA.

bosco

When your bags clear Customs you have to be there in case they are selected to be inspected. The bags can't be sent on until they are cleared.

The last time I used Luggage Direct in Ft. Lauderdale I was in the first group off the ship after self-disembark, who were called at 7:30. I was sitting at my gate by 8:20-8:25 for an 11:40 flight.

We to have used this service fll to dtw and it works as described above.

If you mean LUGGAGE VALET, we have used it many times when returning home from a cruise in Fort Lauderdale..

Once you attach the airline tags on your bags and put them outside your door the night before you disembark, you don't see them again until you get to your home airport.

And if you find a comfy spot to hang out you can stay on until the very end, before you leave and head to customs with your carry ons.

This is for flights inside the USA.

bosco

That's what I thought too for Luggage Direct. In Seattle (6-05-17) We used Luggage Direct and, as per instructions from HAL, were told to put out bags outside by midnight. The next time we would see our bags was when we retrieved them at our home terminal. Another benefit to using the service is the boarding passes being supplied to you the afternoon before ship's arrival at the cruise terminal. You can see all of this information on the HAL website.

The last time we used luggage direct from FLL, our bags went out on a flight earlier than we did. When we arrived in NY, our luggage was the only thing going around and around since the flight's luggage hadn't deplaned yet. We felt lucky that no one took our bags. I would still use it again.