New place for us or visit an old?

mitsugirly

Thanks for your response, Kim. I will most definitely check that out! Enjoy your next cruise adventure!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks and if you have any questions, let me know. It's just so hard picking a "favorite" or "best beach" because I like them all...for different reasons. ;p

I can't compare Sky Reef to Money Bar as we went to neither last time in Coz. Re aiby day. I like Money Bar and Ciriba Beach. Sky Reef is newer but gets good reviews. Bucañnos is just North of downtown. About as far north as I've ever gone is the ferry pier. DW hates downtown so we seldom go that way, although I love the little restaurants. Others here have been to Bucañnos and give it 👍👍

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Oh ok. Yea, I have considered this place a few times but always find something different I want. I feel like c-leg don't approve though.

We've always snorkeled first, enjoyed a drink and some snacks, and then relaxed the rest of the day at the beach -- either option will work since there will be such a light load the day you are in Cozumel.

I just really hope that there's only that many ships there that day and it doesn't change. :)

c-can you tell me more about Azul?

Thanks and if you have any questions, let me know. It's just so hard picking a "favorite" or "best beach" because I like them all...for different reasons. ;p

Oh ok. Yea, I have considered this place a few times but always find something different I want. I feel like c-leg don't approve though.

Not sure if you are referring to my opinions on Sky Reef or Buccanos, as far as not approve? I have visited both and both have their merits and I would return.

Let me preface by stating that you and I look for different things from a day. I am older than you and usually look for a quiet, relaxing day, preferably with a nice pool as I prefer pool swimming. I am not averse to some gentle snorkeling but am not primarily interested in the consistency of the sand as long as I can listen to and watch the waves! Sometimes we have my daughter and grandson with us and then "kiddie" related activities come into play. I do not look for jet skis (actually actively try and avoid), or water trampolines.

I just really hope that there's only that many ships there that day and it doesn't change. :)

c-can you tell me more about Azul?

Here is my review from 2014 and I don't really have any updated information as I haven't been to Cozumel recently.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=41523190&postcount=2

If I was visiting on a ship day I would leave my towel behind and say I was a land visitor unless their policy has changed; or I would enter via Azul and walk back if I wanted to use their ocean access.

Here is a review from another cruiser from a different prospective.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=49680415&highlight=Cozumel#post49680415

Start post #117

You will see my opinion of Azul by just visiting and you will see their opinion of Buccanos by just passing through. To be fair, I only liked Buccanos because their property goes back from the shoreline. We sat on one of their quiet upper terraces that that cruiser wouldn't have seen. Also the facilities are very clean. Unfortunately you like to sit ocean side and I think the small beach at Buccanos is busy and not particularly attractive. From that point of view I think Azul may be better for you and walk to Buccanos or beyond for further activities. For what its worth, I don't think you would be very impressed with the zip line and possibly even the rock wall although they did seem popular.

Not sure if you are referring to my opinions on Sky Reef or Buccanos, as far as not approve? I have visited both and both have their merits and I would return.

Let me preface by stating that you and I look for different things from a day. I am older than you and usually look for a quiet, relaxing day, preferably with a nice pool as I prefer pool swimming. I am not averse to some gentle snorkeling but am not primarily interested in the consistency of the sand as long as I can listen to and watch the waves! Sometimes we have my daughter and grandson with us and then "kiddie" related activities come into play. I do not look for jet skis (actually actively try and avoid), or water trampolines.

Here is my review from 2014 and I don't really have any updated information as I haven't been to Cozumel recently.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=41523190&postcount=2

If I was visiting on a ship day I would leave my towel behind and say I was a land visitor unless their policy has changed; or I would enter via Azul and walk back if I wanted to use their ocean access.

Here is a review from another cruiser from a different prospective.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=49680415&highlight=Cozumel#post49680415

Start post #117

You will see my opinion of Azul by just visiting and you will see their opinion of Buccanos by just passing through. To be fair, I only liked Buccanos because their property goes back from the shoreline. We sat on one of their quiet upper terraces that that cruiser wouldn't have seen. Also the facilities are very clean. Unfortunately you like to sit ocean side and I think the small beach at Buccanos is busy and not particularly attractive. From that point of view I think Azul may be better for you and walk to Buccanos or beyond for further activities. For what its worth, I don't think you would be very impressed with the zip line and possibly even the rock wall although they did seem popular.

I was referring to Buccanos. You had mentioned "As much as I like it there I haven't been on a cruise ship day in a long time because I don't like their policy for cruise ship day passes." You had also said "Unfortunately, as much as we like Buccanos we don't like their pricing policy for cruisers and will continue to only visit on land vacations. Obviously the policy works for them as they have been following it for a number of years now." "We have our own snorkeling equipment, so $30 for a couple of loungers is not worth it to us. I have no problem with a minimum consumption charge for use of facilities. Unlike other islands where lounger rental is the norm there are way too many other options for a day in Cozumel." When I said not approved, I am going off those comments for cruisers. It doesn't sound like it's the greatest option from a cruise ship and like you said, better options available. If we were staying on a land vaca there, I would take that as a place you would recommend to go and hang out at.

From the pictures I have seen of Buccanos, the beach didn't look too inviting to us either. I'm not really interested in the rock climbing wall, but thought maybe my daughter would like the ziplining (although she completely chickened out on our Aruba land vacation we just took...after waiting in line for over an hour and getting to the top...ugh). Otherwise, I'm perfectly happy with the beach, ocean and snorkeling.

But, we have made up our mind to go to The Money Bar and then on to Paradise to finish out the day. We are super excited. :D

I was referring to Buccanos. You had mentioned "As much as I like it there I haven't been on a cruise ship day in a long time because I don't like their policy for cruise ship day passes." You had also said "Unfortunately, as much as we like Buccanos we don't like their pricing policy for cruisers and will continue to only visit on land vacations. Obviously the policy works for them as they have been following it for a number of years now." "We have our own snorkeling equipment, so $30 for a couple of loungers is not worth it to us. I have no problem with a minimum consumption charge for use of facilities. Unlike other islands where lounger rental is the norm there are way too many other options for a day in Cozumel." When I said not approved, I am going off those comments for cruisers. It doesn't sound like it's the greatest option from a cruise ship and like you said, better options available. If we were staying on a land vaca there, I would take that as a place you would recommend to go and hang out at.

From the pictures I have seen of Buccanos, the beach didn't look too inviting to us either. I'm not really interested in the rock climbing wall, but thought maybe my daughter would like the ziplining (although she completely chickened out on our Aruba land vacation we just took...after waiting in line for over an hour and getting to the top...ugh). Otherwise, I'm perfectly happy with the beach, ocean and snorkeling.

But, we have made up our mind to go to The Money Bar and then on to Paradise to finish out the day. We are super excited. :D

I think Money Bar and Paradise are a good choice. We like both. We probably wouldn't bother with the extra taxi fare to do both on a cruise day ourselves but I can understand the choice with a little one as Money Bsr will not hold much interest for her other than the snorkeling.

You are right about my opinions of Buccanos pricing policy. I would be interested to hear from someone who has been recently to see if that is still true.

Enjoy your day!