"The Landmark Sale" Princess

rowrow

Would be $2100 from the launch fare not when you booked it. Those launch fares are always inflated high to make it seem like your saving a ton. Its all smoke and mirrors. That why I go by the per day rate as whether getting good deal. Anything under 100 pp or below for inside cabin per day is good buying.

Would be $2100 from the launch fare not when you booked it. Those launch fares are always inflated high to make it seem like your saving a ton. Its all smoke and mirrors. That why I go by the per day rate as whether getting good deal. Anything under 100 pp or below for inside cabin per day is good buying.

Exactly!

I couldn't have said it better. :cool:

Princess are not giving much away for their overseas based ships. Just booked a little Sapphire Princess - Scandinavia cruise, ex Southampton, fit it in before our 2 Adonia ones. It visits Oslo and Copenhagen which I want to see. No bargain though, AU$200 for an ocean view cabin. Made round to go round. 1 night post cruise at Holiday Inn - Southampton then onto Adonia for 34 nights, B2B, got a balcony on that one, mostly balcony cabins on Adonia anyway, so not a big mark up.

I will monitor the Sapphire price, might be lucky to get a price drop and refare in the next few months. Yes, I believe in fairies, too.

I agree Sarah, first thing I do when checking out a cruise is evaluate it by the daily rate.

I agree Sarah, first thing I do when checking out a cruise is evaluate it by the daily rate.

Yep but that's creeping up a little (but not much) in real terms cruising costs seem to keep dropping when you compare apples to apples.

We did book very early at launch time/rates to get the cabin we wanted. But do agree there's smoke and mirrors aplenty. Our next is to Alaska and they don't give much away on those cruises, we've come to learn. With 'Sales' popping up often the add-ups and take-aways need to be considered carefully before changing a current booking. As you all would know.