Onboard booking bonus

LPCKG

i hope a fellow cruise critic may be able to assist, we recently returned from an Alaska cruise onboard Solstice. We've never booked onboard before and made a booking for a 7 night Caribbean cruise with added bonus of drinks package/ onboard spend. We enjoyed the cruise that much that we have changed our minds and wish to change our booking and return to Alaska.

Thankfully I didn't book flights etc. Celebrity have said we can change but may lose some of our booking bonus. I didn't retain a copy of the onboard booking offer sheet. I'm not to fazed by the 'may' I just don't want to be short changed.

Does anyone have a copy that they could upload - we disembarked on 7 July 2017? I need to sort flights this weeks but want o have this information as a point of reference when I ringback tomorrow (Tuesday)? Thanks in advance if you can help.

i hope a fellow cruise critic may be able to assist, we recently returned from an Alaska cruise onboard Solstice. We've never booked onboard before and made a booking for a 7 night Caribbean cruise with added bonus of drinks package/ onboard spend. We enjoyed the cruise that much that we have changed our minds and wish to change our booking and return to Alaska.

Thankfully I didn't book flights etc. Celebrity have said we can change but may lose some of our booking bonus. I didn't retain a copy of the onboard booking offer sheet. I'm not to fazed by the 'may' I just don't want to be short changed.

Does anyone have a copy that they could upload - we disembarked on 7 July 2017? I need to sort flights this weeks but want o have this information as a point of reference when I ringback tomorrow (Tuesday)? Thanks in advance if you can help.

Not sure if there are any specific rules that apply for the UK, but here goes:

If you book onboard, they will give you a certain amount of onboard credit (sometimes for your current cruise and sometimes for your future cruise that is booked) as well as any perks for your upcoming cruise. Last time onboard, they were offering only one perk so if this is what is currently being offered by the cruiseline or your travel agent at the time you are transferring the booking, you won't lose anything by transferring your itinerary. Just check online and do a dummy booking to see if a free perk is being added for the cruise you want.

Basically, you should be able to keep that onboard credit but any current promotions that are being offered at the time of rebooking a different cruise will be in play.

Good choice on choosing Alaska again, IMO. We've sailed up there 10+ times and not planning on it being our last. It is my absolute favorite itinerary.

If you go to the Celebrity.co.uk website the information is there. I have not found an easy way to reach it but this is the way I use. Select the tab for Cruise Deals, then select any of the deals listed. When the page loads scroll right down to the bottom and click on 'Terms and Conditions Apply'. When that page loads you will have links to all T&C for current offers including Future Cruise Promotion. I am posting a link, but with the current state of the website I do not know if it will take you to the right location. Good Luck.

https://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/terms-and-conditions/promotional-terms/#Future Cruise Promotion

Thanks. I rang today, the nice lady I spoke to on the phone emailed me a copy as we spoke. I have to say I was impressed. We've changed our booking, retained the on-board booking offers/bonus - as changing but keeping same cabin type. The overall price has gone up slightly to reflect the prices for this cruise as opposed to the one we booked. We didn't need to pay a new deposit just made aware of the price change/slight change to final payment date due to new sail date too. I'm not sure what happened the first time I rang but felt better at least being prepared it was nice to be helped by someone. We always wanted to sail with Celebrity, just on a different cruise. Phew....

Hi there ,

We also booked a future cruise while on Equinox in June. Great deal, Concierge C2 deck 9 on the hump, Italy Greek Isles,10 nights on Reflection out of Rome, 2 perks, $500 OBC, cruise was just over €4000 for 2. Anyway we hope to snag a deal when we are on Reflection, very keen to go to Alaska in 2019 so any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I understand Celebrity doesn't do Glacier Bay, is this a deal breaker?

Hi there ,

We also booked a future cruise while on Equinox in June. Great deal, Concierge C2 deck 9 on the hump, Italy Greek Isles,10 nights on Reflection out of Rome, 2 perks, $500 OBC, cruise was just over €4000 for 2. Anyway we hope to snag a deal when we are on Reflection, very keen to go to Alaska in 2019 so any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I understand Celebrity doesn't do Glacier Bay, is this a deal breaker?

I believe OBC is only $200 on a 10-night cruise plus 2 perks, unless one of the 2 perks is $300 OBC.

We did the Tracy Arm cruise with Celebrity last year and I was disappointed. I have done Glacier Bay in a private yacht a few years before and the experience could not be as different as night and day. We won't do another Alaska cruise with Celebrity. Next time we will pick a cruise line and itinerary that include Glacier Bay.

The deal we got at the future cruise desk Included 2 perks AND $500 OBC, We also got upgraded from C3 to C2 for no extra charge by just asking ! It seemed to me the agents at this desk have a certain amount of leeway in making a sale.

dont believe everything they tell you though - (or dont tell you as the case may be) remember - they want to make a sale!!

The deal we got at the future cruise desk Included 2 perks AND $500 OBC, We also got upgraded from C3 to C2 for no extra charge by just asking ! It seemed to me the agents at this desk have a certain amount of leeway in making a sale.

With the introduction of the BBB pricing it does get confusing when trying to compare offers. It you received the Better (2 perks) for the Big price that would be a deal. If you paid the Better price, not much of a deal. But as you say Celebrity does sometimes offer extra deals for booking a cruise on board. Once we received free gratuities on a TA when we booked right before they cruise was released for booking. (While on a TA) Once we received the Best (four perks) for a suite booking for the Big price before that particular offer was available to everyone.

I always compare the offer to what I can book on line, so that I understand how the two offers compare.

Based on various comment it is obvious that some people get confused about what is the regular Celebrity offering, a special on board offer, or a Travel Agent offer. Of course that is the reason for the BBB pricing. I suspect Travel Agents really like it.

The C2 at the C3 offer is standard for Captain Club members.