Queen Elizabeth 2018 Refit

bluemarble

Thanks for responding.  Yes, I knew about the short-duration refurb of some areas of the ship.  As for dress standards, I profoundly hope that Cunard's are not reduced for the Australian season.  As for cruising to NZ in late March, the weather will not be 'summery'!  One area of Cunard ships that really do need updating is the last-century plastic shower curtains.  I hope they are to be upgraded.  Holland America Line ships all received new bathrooms with glass-enclosed showers where baths used to be and proved to be just fine.

• 3 weeks later...

Just overhearing a conversation by other guests who claim the noise in their stateroom on deck 8 has been made worse by the new floor on the Lido restaurant on the deck above. Even claiming they needed earplugs to get some peace at 5am.

The new carpets all look very nice, show the fluff a lot on the stairways and almost need vacuuming constantly.  

Nice new chairs and tables outside too.

No other changes as far as I can tell, same shower curtain in Britannia staterooms.

I'm assuming then that they haven't turned one of the shops into a future sales booking office like they did on the QV which I'm glad to know as nearly everything got crammed into the bookshop.

• 2 months later...

Hi AspirationalFlyer, many thanks for your reply. Are you sure there was a free gender-specific steam room in the changing room? I remembered there was a free sauna only. As other cruise liners removed the free sauna during refit, I was wondering if QE also removed it during its refit last November. 

2 hours ago, c151193q said:

Hi AspirationalFlyer, many thanks for your reply. Are you sure there was a free gender-specific steam room in the changing room? I remembered there was a free sauna only. As other cruise liners removed the free sauna during refit, I was wondering if QE also removed it during its refit last November. 

So sorry, I do always try and provide accurate info on this forum, but perhaps I’m getting confused on this occasion (perhaps with hotels I’ve stayed in). That said there was defo a sauna in December. I sat in it. I specifically remember thinking it was a bit of an odd set up to be honest. 

If you want specific confirmation, why not contact Cunard on Twitter? 

3 hours ago, c151193q said:

Nothing has changed on the QE !  there is a dry sauna ( free)  in both the male and female changing rooms. There are additional sauna's  (dry & steam) in the spa complex.