Cancellation Insurance

nissach

I think you can add it on, but most here will advice you to get a better policy through a third party, not a policy through Carnival. I would search threads for the most used ones as I do not want to seem like I might be selling any particular one.

Correct, but we have no way of knowing if the OP is talking about a cruise in this current situation. After seeing all of this, I think insurance sales will be going way up in the near future for future cruises that do not currently have a named storm threatening!

Regardless of whom you buy the insurance from its best done within 48 hours of booking the cruise. You will have the most options of available terms during that time frame.

Most insurers will not offer cancel for any reason or medical coverage including pre-existing condition if you're are past a week or so of booking your cruise. Even if your plan is to book your airline tickets later and flight insurance you can always get a separate policy to cover just that.

Compare what insuremytrip.com has to offer over what is spelled out in the legal section of Carnival.com.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Forums mobile app

you just can't cancel because you feel like it or your ship is going to the western Caribbean and you don't like it. Anything to do with this storm, no one will take your insurance money

not fully true.

if you buy a policy that covers "Cancel for any reason," it means just that, cancel for any reason.

you will pay more to buy this option but you can buy it when you buy your policy.

if you seek to cover ANY pre-existing health issues, you usually MUST buy your travel insurance policy within 10-21 days of making your trip deposit. actual plans have specific "must buy by date," to include any pre existing conditions.

if you want to be a smart traveller and cover your risk, buy the full coverage plan at time of booking from a quality travel insurance provider. and factor cost of insurance into your trip so you'll understand your full vacation costs.

in my real life i consult people on these types of plans/coverages as well as other insurance matters.

and yes, i tend to buy full coverage solutions to mitigate my financial risk(s).

I am not cancelling any current cruises as I have none, but I am looking at booking two cruises in 2018. I don't like to buy from the cruise line and usually don't, but it has been awhile since cruising Carnival and I was just checking how their cancellation insurance works.

Just sailed NCL and I had up until final payment date to purchase it from them. I am assuming that Carnival is the same, but was not 100% sure.

I have pre purchased insurance for April/2019. I booked over the phone and noticed I paid a lot for the insurance. I think it was about $189 per person. Now, hearing that I can get insurance from an outside company for less, can I can the insurance I purchased through Carnival?