Deaf employed on cruise ships?

laceydoxie

Oh thank you - I was beginning to feel like a voice in the wilderness!!

This is actually quite an interesting linguistic digression and nothing to do with the original query! Maybe we should start a new thread???:D

figures that my most controversial post ever on CC is because I misspelled chaise...:D

And I was curious about the differing pronunciations of lieutenant, so I Googled it.

There doesn't seem to be a definitive answer, however I did discover that in the Royal Navy they use the non-f version, similar to the US pronunciation i.e. l'tenant.

But we're a long way off topic so I think it best if we stop before we get banned!!

Au revoir!:D

Can you identify which "Royal Navy" drops the "f" from "leftenant"?

I'm more puzzled at the idea that he left his sick wife alone to care for his seasick children, while he went up to the top deck and drank. Why didn't you help your poor wife?? She wasn't contagious.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

well let's see if my foggy memory can enlighten you...I had just married into a ready made family - two teenage girls and a 7yo boy; John was actually sleeping and the last thing Jill and Kelley needed was their new step-dad watching them throw up. My wife said go find some place to hang out for a while and I did.

I guess it worked out because I gave both girls away at their weddings and 33 years later I am still married to their mother.

I wish you the same luck in your relationship...you seem like a nice person.