Which to choose?

rs45thompson

We are going on the Carnival Vista on October 7 and I need a little help deciding. We are going to try two specialty restaurants. My husband loves his steaks, so the steakhouse is a given but I can't decide on the other. My first thought is Cucina del Captaino but I am hearing so much about Ji Jis I'm wondering if I should change our reservations? Any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Would love to if I could. But our group is only wanting to do two and I always do the planning.

Hi, I'm also cruising on Vista Oct.7. (In 3 wks!)

I was wondering if you have heard or read here, about an alternate

port for St. Maarten or maybe just an extra sea day. I haven't seen anything yet. Thank you so much!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Would love to if I could. But our group is only wanting to do two and I always do the planning.

We usually sail with a group too, sometimes we have close to 20 in a group. Its hard to decide (as a group) where to go and what to do. So after many cruises we decided that the best thing to do is just set things up indivually, I know its a pain in the butt, however you cant please all the people all the time. Ecspecially when it comes to dinners. You'll figure it out and have a great time whatever you decide.

Hi, I'm also cruising on Vista Oct.7. (In 3 wks!)

I was wondering if you have heard or read here, about an alternate

port for St. Maarten or maybe just an extra sea day. I haven't seen anything yet. Thank you so much!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think to replace st-martin it was mentioned that we would probably be going to Antigua

We usually sail with a group too, sometimes we have close to 20 in a group. Its hard to decide (as a group) where to go and what to do. So after many cruises we decided that the best thing to do is just set things up indivually, I know its a pain in the butt, however you cant please all the people all the time. Ecspecially when it comes to dinners. You'll figure it out and have a great time whatever you decide.

That may be the way to go. But it seems like everyone looks to me to do the planning. I just want to pick a great place.

If you haven't booked the Steakhouse yet I would suggest you do it on-line very soon. We cruised the Vista earlier this year and I waited until too late and it was completely booked. On other ships it never seemed to fill up so quickly. The Steakhouse is a favorite of ours and my husband was disappointed, even went on wait list, nothing opened up.

That's a great idea. Have you eaten at ji jis before? What is the best thing to order?

The lasagna for sure! It's not traditional but it's wonderful. You'll thank me later :)

This is for the Italian restaurant for lunch

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Forums mobile app

If you haven't booked the Steakhouse yet I would suggest you do it on-line very soon. We cruised the Vista earlier this year and I waited until too late and it was completely booked. On other ships it never seemed to fill up so quickly. The Steakhouse is a favorite of ours and my husband was disappointed, even went on wait list, nothing opened up.

That's what I figured, so I already have reservations at the steakhouse. Thanks for the tip