Anyone still getting last minute deals ?

Winchester Ranger

When I first sailed with Cunard on the Queen Mary 2 for an Eastbound TA, Cunard were selling off balcony cabins for $500 per person 72 hours prior to the sail date. Now this was several years ago and it was for a November crossing, hardly the most popular.

Since then I frequently give them a call 3 or 4 days prior to a sail date to see if they are offering any deals, but so far no luck - does anyone else have recent experience of this ?

Fewer deals this year certainly. We've had some great ones in the last couple of years and did pick one up very cheap for 2018 earlier in the year, but they've been very few and far between recently. That goes for all other cruise lines too. There seems to be a shift towards keeping prices higher, but throwing in extras like free drinks which doesn't appeal to us at all.

We got the early November round trip TA about this time last year for half the price it's currently available for.

I don't know if you would call it a deal, but I looked at the bookings for a 7 day westbound T/A and found the Q5 on 5 November this year to be about 1/2 of the same crossing in November 2018. You might look at the bookings and if you see a price you like take it.

We booked a r/t T/A in late AUG of 2016 for Nov of '16 and the prices were FAAAAAR better then,~~~~ than anything we could find for this year. We're doing the r/t T/A Nov. 12, 2017, + are happy with it, but its not the Great $$$$ deal of last year. :-(

When I first sailed with Cunard on the Queen Mary 2 for an Eastbound TA, Cunard were selling off balcony cabins for $500 per person 72 hours prior to the sail date. Now this was several years ago and it was for a November crossing, hardly the most popular.

Since then I frequently give them a call 3 or 4 days prior to a sail date to see if they are offering any deals, but so far no luck - does anyone else have recent experience of this ?

Certainly am seeing some cracking autumn and winter deals coming into my mailbox.

Most include 3 to 5 nights in New York for both East and West bound voyages.

Was your $500 including the airfare?

Like wise, no really good deals noticed this year at all, The only exception is the deals onboard when making bookings much better obc this year than last, which I suppose compensates for this years higher prices,

Interestingly, P&O and Cunard are going back to their own dedicated sales teams again,

http://www.travelmole.com/news_feature.php?c=setreg&region=2&m_id=s~_rn~Ad~A&w_id=33551&news_id=2028895

No, the $500 price was voyage only, no airfare. I'll keep plugging away and if I hit a deal I'll update this thread.

Edit - at the other end of the scale I did notice a Grand Duplex rate of $21,000 pp for a 2017 sailing - which is one of the lowest I have seen, but don't all rush to book it at once !!