Catching a plane at Fort Lauderdale airport ?

rayachit

What are the chances of me catching a plane that leaves Fort Lauderdale at 10:30 AM in the morning after getting off Harmony of the seas ? Does anyone know what time they would let me off the ship?

If you are willing to get in the self-assist line at 5am, carry off all of your own bags with no carts and no assistance, and there are no delays, you can be at the airport before 7am.

We were on Harmony in April. Did self disembark around 6:45 am 'ish, took Uber and departed from Miami airport (further from the ship than FLL and made an 11 am flt with tons of time to spare! Assuming customs for the ship doesn't have any issues you will be absolutely fine!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

... Taxi ride is about $25 w/ tip.

Sorry but if you paid that, you paid too much. Cabbies in Fort Lauderdale have a bad rap and this is why. :mad: We have had several honest drivers who put the meter on, and the fare between Port Everglades and the airport is not more than about $14.00 on the meter with moderate traffic. Also, there is no flat rate. Ever.

Just a heads up for others who may read this. :)

Sorry but if you paid that, you paid too much. Cabbies in Fort Lauderdale have a bad rap and this is why. :mad: We have had several honest drivers who put the meter on, and the fare between Port Everglades and the airport is not more than about $14.00 on the meter with moderate traffic. Also, there is no flat rate. Ever.

Just a heads up for others who may read this. :)

Another dead givaway that you are not dealing with a normal taxi ride is if they quote a per person rate.

Last time I was on the Oasis there was a jumper on the last night . They spent quite a bit of time looking for him

and arrived late into port the next day . It was total kaos getting off the ship . Stuff happens , I made my 12 oclock flight . Good luck though , I have had success making early flights .