Help Deciding on Upgrading to Haven

taylortime05

Hi San

Just read your thoughts on the Haven in the Jade and am very interested. Was on the Jade a couple of years ago. We has a Penthouse Suite at the rear. Sure we had butler and concierge service and we thought it was great.

BUT it's not the Haven. The Haven access to the Courtyard is not available to "non Haven Suites".

We had breakfast and lunch in Cagney's and dinner elsewhere. We were never unhappy with Jade food.

I have since been in the Haven twice on the Epic. A pleasure from start to finish. The Haven Restaurant is in my opinion the best on the Epic and I have eaten in Le Bistro and Cagney's.

Here's where I need help.........If I book a Haven Suite on the Jade.......where do I eat Dinner??? So far as I know there is no dedicated restaurant for the Haven on the Jade such as there is on Epic.

Can anyone help???? Hey I've enjoyed holidays in a tent and cruises in standard cabins. If I can I prefer hotels and the Haven. Doesn't mean there's anything wrong with the other.

Hope you all enjoy wherever you choose.

Thanks to all.

Deeko

re: Have on Jade and other "mid size ships".

First off, the Haven is just a courtyard with a very small pool. Limited access to that floor.

Haven and non haven suites are equal other than access to the Haven Courtyard.

Breakfast and Lunch are served in Cagneys/Moderno. No special place for dinner, or drinks.

re: Have on Jade and other "mid size ships".

First off, the Haven is just a courtyard with a very small pool. Limited access to that floor.

Haven and non haven suites are equal other than access to the Haven Courtyard.

Breakfast and Lunch are served in Cagneys/Moderno. No special place for dinner, or drinks.

And, your wrong. The ship they are referring to is the Escape and breakfast, lunch and dinner are served in the Haven restaurant. Then you can go to the Haven deck and easily find a cushioned recliner to lay on and have bar service all day. When your done with that you can go to the Haven bar and not have to wait in line for a drink and sit in the comfy chairs in the lounge. So, the Haven is a wonderful and worthwhile experience if you enjoy that type of thing, I do.

And, your wrong. The ship they are referring to is the Escape and breakfast, lunch and dinner are served in the Haven restaurant. ....

I was answering a poster that asked about the Jade a post or two before mine.

And, my post SPECIFICALLY indicated I was talking about the Haven on Jade and other similar sized ships.

My first cruise was my wedding cruise and we had a suite. That totally set the bar for future trips. Since then I will only consider Haven or suites. Why? Priority embarkation and disembarkation. I know everyone eventually gets onboard but I love the effortless boarding.

Beds - the beds in our suites have been amazing.

Space - the bigger rooms are so nice.

Espresso in room - I love the in room espresso machines for my morning coffee.

More included promos.

Special seating at shows.

Haven restaurant.

We can only cruise once every couple years. I sometimes find the cheapest possible Haven cruise, with destination an afterthought.

As others have said. It depends on your price point. For me, my first NCL cruise was this March on the Gem in an OS. For me it’s about arriving and not having to think, or wait everything is taken care of. Not having to worry about getting to the theatre 20mins + early. Quiet retreat for brekkie and lunch.

I only ever sail in suites and NCL to me have it right for my needs. SO much so I’ve booked the Epic TA in November next year.

It’s like when people ask me why I fly in First Class or Business over economy. Yes you all get there at the same time, but sometimes it’s about the journey getting there. Hassle free, relaxed and refreshed. It’s what I want to spend my hard earned money. To others it’s a waste. Whatever you decide have an awesome time, you’re on vacation. Enjoy it :cool:

I like the Haven restaurant but the menu stays the same for the 7 days. It was quiet, cozy and didn't have to fight for a table...service was great.

If it hasn't changed recently it's possible to order things from every restaurant (probably except from the Tappanyaki) in the Haven restaurant. You have to pay if it's from the specialty restaurants.

It was a while since we cruised on Norwegian but then they also had one special dish most (every?) days.