Aqua class or drink package?

Olj4ik77

• 1 month later...

Right now we have 2150 on Reflection for a 10 night cruise. I have been watching for something on 11 because of noise maybe 1620, which is same location. Would you stay with 2150 or keep watching for something to open up on 11?

If the AQ cabin you are offered is on deck 11 on Reflection' date=' you will be fine as there is another deck of cabin (decks 12) between you and the pool deck. We stayed in 1559 on Reflection and it was very quiet. I was originally in a cabin on deck 12 and switched to deck 11 when a cabin became available because of the warnings about noise from above.

I enjoyed AQ so much that I was more than a little worried about sailing in a 1A csbin on our last cruise. My fears were unfounded. I do like the shower in AQ but managed just fine with the standard shower. I enjoyed the Persian Garden but managed without it.

The biggest concern I had was moving back to the MDR from Blu. Blu is more cozy (some people dislike the closeness of the tables for 2) and we did find the noise level in the MDR to be way too loud. However, we had select dining so we asked to be seated in different sections in the MDR the first few nights, hoping to find a good spot. By night 4, we were pretty frustrated. We did specifically request seating in a quieter section of the MDR - and thankfully were seated in the "private" area in the back of the MDR. It is much more like Blu and met our needs. It is quieter and less hectic than the sections in the front of the MDR and around the cut out which overlooks the lower level of the MDR. We stayed in that section for the remaining nights of our cruise. As an aside, the food in the MDR was very good for both dinner and breakfast. We did not feel the need to go to any of the specialty restaurants throughout our cruise.

We are bouncing between a 1A veranda cabin, AQ and CC on our next few cruises. For me, it comes down to getting the best value on each cruise and I do set an upper limit on what the cost of the cruise will be each time I make a reservation. When I booked an upcoming cruise for next summer while onboard our last cruise (so that I got extra OBC) the cost of an A2 cabin was the most I wanted to spend for that cruise. My reservation was made in May as a 2A cabin with two perks. By July, I was able to,upgrade to a 1A, then a C2 and finally an A2 csbin - and add "Go Best" perks - for less than the cost at the time of the original booking. I watch for price drops on a regular basis and jump on them whenever I find them.

Unfortunately, that is always the case. But it is well worth the time spent checking on pricing at least once or twice a week, in my experience.

As a previous poster stated, you can politely ask Celebrity if it is possible to keep your beverage package if you take the AQ cabin. The worst thing that happens is they say no. Personally, I would hate to give up the beverage package and would stay in a regular veranda cabin if that was the bottom line. Try to get Select dining if you are in a veranda cabin so you have more flexibility with respect to dining time and location within the MDR.

Enjoy your cruise![/quote']

Right now we have 2150 on Reflection for a 10 night cruise. I have been watching for something on 11 because of noise maybe 1620, which is same location. Would you stay with 2150 or keep watching for something to open up on 11?

I would keep looking for a cabin on deck 11. We moved from 2106 to 1559 and it was a good move for us. Very quiet and good location between midship and forward elevators. One of the significant advantages of AQ on Reflection is the extra deck which provides AQ cabins (deck 11) under a deck of cabins (deck 12).

We are currently booked in a A2 cabin on Eclipse (deck 12). I deliberately chose a cabin under the Persian Gardens, after downgrading from a A1 under the solarium and then an A2 under the beauty salon/shops. I didn't want to be so close to the forward elevators and the cabin I finally settled on has been recommended as quiet. I am hoping this is true and will report back on the S class spreadsheet after our cruise.

IMO, Aqua Class is worth about $25/day (for the upgraded dining, mostly, but you can eat in specialty restaurants for around $25/meal if you wait for deals). If you will drink more than $25/day (including waters, coffees, juices, etc.), you are much better off keeping the drink package.

We are currently sailing on Reflection in 2151. Although I was worried about noise from the pool deck I can honestly say even on nights with pool parties going on above us we heard nothing inside the cabin and only heard the music softly from our balcony. 2050 is on the starboard side in the same location. I would keep it. It's a great location and very quiet. The large balcony on the hump is great.

The location in on deck 11 I guess.. Not on hump.. We dont drink much, but taking into account the prices onboard the bill for drinks (wine, coffee, fresh juices) can be around 400-450.. What is about BLU and gardens? Are they worth to pay 450$?

In a word "No". I'm not a big drinker on land, but on ship I do indulge more. Blu isn't all that great.

We live Blu. If a choice between Blu and the drink package we'd take the drinks.

We love Blu too. May 2016 Mother's Day Cruise to Bermuda we got the Premium Drink Package for $70 for 2. Going to Blu and getting the good stuff, not bad.

32288398924_c543313e76_b.jpg

CaptDave

Had one today on Summit.

Your on the Summit now?

This will be our view on the Summit this Tuesday for a 11 Night ABC Cruise. Aqua 1 is the best. Which bar will we visit first, any suggestions?

Photo from our Summit A1 Mothers Day Bermuda Cruise May 2016.

32347225484_a3c0790b64_b.jpg

CaptDave