Has anone gotten an ocean view when booking inside Guarantee?

cruiseelady

Just curious if anyone has gotten an ocean view when booking an inside guarantee, this year or the year before?

This never happened to me but I am curious if it happened to others. I was once placed in mini suite when I booked balcony guarantee. So I know its possible to be put higher when you book balcony, but wondering if anyone had luck with booking insides and getting ocean view.

Yes, on Sky in May 2017. Booked as guaranteed inside and ended up with ocean view. Our friends booked the same and they got inside. Not sure if Latitudes level had any impact. We are gold, they were first time cruisers.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, Breakaway - Bermuda (May 2016) booked an Inside (GTY) almost last minute (beyond cancellation - final payment deadline) - assigned BC (Deck 10, Cat. BC) ... 2 of us, stateroom slept 3. Didn't spend a dime extra for it - still scratch my balding head every so often, wondering how on earth we scored.

We've managed to exchange/traded up from OV-GTY to a mid-ship Balcony on Day 2 of our 7 day cruise on the Jewel in 2011, but that was a different story.

That was a big surprise, this being more than a year prior to NCL's "Upgrade Advantage" - I am seriously doubtful that this double upgrade will, ever, happen, again. Was like winning a mini jackpot, totally unexpected - the run of the mill Oceanview on Deck 5 Fwd with a porthole would've been just fine.

Well, got us a "poor" bid for an upgrade sailing this month, BIL/SIL just got confirmed for their upgrade bidding - perfectly fine with our non-GTY stateroom choice "as is".