Cruise/Tour price reduction?

rowrow

If an Alaskan cruise price is reduced for the 2018 season, which I think may have happened, would the overall price of a booked CruiseTour be reduced by the same amount?

Or is a CruiseTour price locked in as a package when booked and maybe never subject to any reduction?

The cruise tour price is usually locked in even if the cruise fare portion is reduced or goes on sale.

That is not a pleasant thought. I have not looked into Alaska in depth, so not sure if land portion can be severed off in order to be able to take advantage of cruisefare changes.

We are booked on a 2018 cruisetour to Alaska. We were able to get the price reduction offered in the current 3 for Free promo. It was not a huge reduction, but it was a reduction, and the added bonus of free gratuities was even better.

Best way to know is to do a mock booking for what you have now then compare new booking to what you paid. If lower, call Princess or your TA to get better price.

To be sure I would call Princess. My guess is Pam is right. She is one of the best on CC.

Tony

Thanks.

A few years ago, I booked a trans-Pacific cruise with a 4-day pre-cruise tour option in Beijing. After I booked, the cost of the cruise went down, down, down. I was not eligible as I’d booked a cruise/tour package. A couple of days after final payment, (yes, I paid and then thought twice about what I’d done), I canceled. Took the slight hit and re-booked at the lower cruise fare. The hotel portion remained the same cost. Overall, I saved money.

Many thanks for your responses. A mock booking is always a good idea but our CruiseTour is marked 'SOLD OUT'. That would be the Tour portion obviously since there's still plenty of space on the Cruise.

I'll keep an eye on things and if any development I'll report back.

This is our first journey over thataway and we have booked everything so we are guaranteed seats. etc. Whatever the price (as long as it does not increase) and whatever the weather we are sure it will be a great experience. Just a pity it's so far from home.

Cheers

Sales and lower prices only apply if your specific category is available for sale. Princess sells the cruise tour as a single package - not as a separate cruise and tour with separate prices. The cruise tour often sells out when there are still cabins available on the cruise. You can always cancel and book the cruise only or book the cruise and another tour if you want.