Back Onboard Time?

uneamie

I noticed a notation on my vacation summary at NCL.....it said, "Due to security reasons, all guests must be on board 2 hours before sailing".Wondering if this is just for the first day of boarding or is that for coming back to the ship after each port? We don't have much time as it is for the ports ...most ports on our cruise sail-away at 5PM. Seems a 3 PM return is really limiting our time in port so I hope this rule is just for the first boarding day.

I noticed a notation on my vacation summary at NCL.....it said, "Due to security reasons, all guests must be on board 2 hours before sailing".Wondering if this is just for the first day of boarding or is that for coming back to the ship after each port? We don't have much time as it is for the ports ...most ports on our cruise sail-away at 5PM. Seems a 3 PM return is really limiting our time in port so I hope this rule is just for the first boarding day.

That is only for the first day. The time you need to be back on board will be posted at the gangway when you disembark at the individual ports of call.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The 2 Hour Rule is ONLY for Embarkation Day.

Usually you need to be back on board 30 MINUTES prior to the schedule departure time when you are in ports. There will be a notice at the top of The Freestyle Daily as to what time you need to return each day when in a port of call.

Just be careful at ports where you tender. The last tender may well be 1 hour before departure.
Thanks for the reminder.....I didn't think of that.I will make sure to inquire about the time of the last tender.

This statement has confused many persons many times. NCL needs to clarify in the statement that it applies to initial boarding only!
I agree....they have several things they should clarify as well.....like how many apps one can get at a specialty restaurant. I suspect that they limit them for the "bonus free dinner" people but if you pay for your meal they are unlimited...but only the servers know that, not the consumer. Just a hunch! I could be wrong. I am about 50% of the time. :D

The 2 Hour Rule is ONLY for Embarkation Day.

Usually you need to be back on board 30 MINUTES prior to the schedule departure time when you are in ports. There will be a notice at the top of The Freestyle Daily as to what time you need to return each day when in a port of call.

OK, here's another twist. What if you are on a B2B? I know newly embarking passengers must be aboard 2 hours ahead, but what about folks already signed in for leg #2 of B2B or folks who booked multiple cruises as one long one?

I know they will tell us ahead of time. Just wondering if anyone has experience with this.