Add nights to promo specialty dining?

Seekup

Three nights of specialty dining is included with our cruise. If we want to add another 2 nights, is there any reason to call NCL and do it ahead of our cruise? Or just wait until we're on board? I assume the difference in price would be the difference in the 3 and 5 night packages?

Thanks! Pam

You can’t upgrade the promo SDP like that. You would have to purchase a second package, but those start at 3 meals, so you can’t go up to 5 in total, and it will cost more than I assume you were counting on.

Other than that, you would just have to pay a la carte for the other two meals. You can decide which ones to use the SDP on, so depending on what you are likely to order and the locations, it may be worth doing it that way.

Are you on a 7 night cruise? We had the three dinner promo plus two dinner platinum on our 7 night cruise last year and got tired of the specialty restaurants. The next cruise we stuck with the two dinner platinum and loved going to the main dining rooms and o'sheehans. The food was great and better variety.

this is a valuable thread for me as all my specialty restaurants for pre-booking are not available...please tell me that they save some reservations for the sdp when you initially board the ship....

from what my personal cruise consultant tells me, sbp is offered 50/50...while calling the concierge who tells me that its more that 75 percent of the restaurant reservations and thus, the sdp can be booked on the first day....please somebody tell me the latter is true...thanks