Wendy The Wanderer

Missed Aititutaki, on to Moorea

Hi, I'll report at length when we get home, but just a quick note to say that after a great day in Rarotonga, we gave Aitutaki a pass because of rain and high seas. So we're on to Moorea. Unfortunately that means two sea days. We don't mind, I knew the risk, but some pax are pretty ticked off.

The whole itinerary got re-jigged to start with because of bad weather in the Cooks, but it didn't help in the end. Our two days in Bora Bora were pretty rainy as well. I failed to get to the motu because of that--many came back looking like drowned rats--but did buy myself a nice little pearl, since I'd forgotten to bring the ones I already owned (ahem.)

The ship itself is in tip-top shape and the dining has been stellar for the most part. A fairly young crowd onboard, many Canadians. By young I mean 40's. Santa Rosa, the band, is great--they have improved I think, although I can't recall how long they've been doing this gig.

Anyways, two sea days ahead, much relaxation I hope, and talk to you soon.

Bummer about Aitutaki ....

Not rainy season yet but lets be honest, the whole world is having strange weather, not the normal type of weather.

The crew on the PG is one of the best prepared for tender duties, if it was possible the Captain would of gone for it ... safety first.

Sad that you missed Aitutaki. I was lucky to visit both times. The tender staff did a fabulous job.

Thanks for the reports. Sorry you missed Aitutaki, it is very nice there. :)