Verandah Cabin Upgrade Question

comxkid

I have the opportunity to move from a partially obstructed verandah cabin to a "normal" verandah cabin for $28.00 or to a concierge verandah cabin for $200.00.

We're booked for a 7-day cruise on the Equinox. What sayeth the Celebrity experts? Are the larger cabin and few extra perks worth the $172.00 difference? My gut says "yes".

Thanks.

I have the opportunity to move from a partially obstructed verandah cabin to a "normal" verandah cabin for $28.00 or to a concierge verandah cabin for $200.00.

We're booked for a 7-day cruise on the Equinox. What sayeth the Celebrity experts? Are the larger cabin and few extra perks worth the $172.00 difference? My gut says "yes".

Thanks.

If your looking for "points" do it , otherwise I would stay where I am.

Having just sailed Concierge on the Equinox (disembarked Monday), I would say spend the $8, not the $200!

We really didn't feel that the concierge experience was worth the extra. In 10 days, the only thing we saw was the daily canapes and a couple times through the cruise, our concierge left a message on the phone with the weather forecast for the next day! We never saw her for the whole trip! Oh, and we had a lounge to wait in with coffee, juice and pastries on the morning of disembarkation.

If we sail Celebrity again, which is likely, we would either go for a regular balcony or splurge for Aqua class so we could eat in Blu!

If you get the extra points it might be worth it. You go get priority boarding & a concierge & a really nice bag. That being said I’d spend the $28

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Having just sailed Concierge on the Equinox (disembarked Monday), I would say spend the $8, not the $200!

We really didn't feel that the concierge experience was worth the extra. In 10 days, the only thing we saw was the daily canapes and a couple times through the cruise, our concierge left a message on the phone with the weather forecast for the next day! We never saw her for the whole trip! Oh, and we had a lounge to wait in with coffee, juice and pastries on the morning of disembarkation.

If we sail Celebrity again, which is likely, we would either go for a regular balcony or splurge for Aqua class so we could eat in Blu!

Thank you for the feedback.

It will not be a larger cabin. On Solstice Class ships, of which Equinox is one, the cabins are all the same size in balcony (obstructed or not) and concierge class. On M-Class ships the concierge class cabins are a bit larger. So take that into your decision.

This is a major factor. I trusted the Celebrity website when it stated 204 s.f. for a concierge cabin. The default search for "concierge" must take you to an M-Class page.

If you get the extra points it might be worth it. You go get priority boarding & a concierge & a really nice bag. That being said I’d spend the $28

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks. So the upgrade would be worth $28.00 but not $200.00.

Thanks. So the upgrade would be worth $28.00 but not $200.00.

Since you're not looking for points right now, then I agree it would only be worth $28 and not $200 to concierge. We would pay the $200 ourselves for the points, but if points were not the objective then I don't see $200 in value for concierge in a S Class ship since the room sizes are the same and the additional benefits at this time are marginal. I would recommend spending that extra $172 on a couple nights in specialty restaurants (Murano especially) and you'll really enjoy your experience.

Happy Sailing!

Since you're not looking for points right now, then I agree it would only be worth $28 and not $200 to concierge. We would pay the $200 ourselves for the points, but if points were not the objective then I don't see $200 in value for concierge in a S Class ship since the room sizes are the same and the additional benefits at this time are marginal. I would recommend spending that extra $172 on a couple nights in specialty restaurants (Murano especially) and you'll really enjoy your experience.

Happy Sailing!

Thanks Paul (and everyone else). I'll get a better view with the extra $28.00 and save the $172.00 for other uses.

I wouldn't spend $200 for the Concierge as others have said.

But, upgrading for $28 to a regular verandah as you say may or may not be to your liking. For me, it would depend on the location of the cabins. And, you didn't say what cabin # you currently have for a partially obstructed or what cabin # you were considering. I've been in some that were not that obstructed at all. For example, I would keep a cabin on deck 6 that is partially obstructed if it was mid to aft on the ship, as opposed to regular verandah far forward on the ship. I also don't like the cabins on the port side directly above the smoking areas, as the smoke can drift up to your balcony, obstructed or not. FYI - on the S class ships, partially obstructed verandahs on deck 6 usually mean you can see out to the ocean just fine, but if you look down you will see the lifeboats.

I love Concierge! Pre-embarkation priority check and boarding, embarkation day lunch in the MDR, welcome blanc d blanc wine and fruit in your stateroom and pre-disembarkation lounge with coffee and pastries...plus the better location on board ship. It's a winner to me.

I wouldn't spend $200 for the Concierge as others have said.

But, upgrading for $28 to a regular verandah as you say may or may not be to your liking. For me, it would depend on the location of the cabins. And, you didn't say what cabin # you currently have for a partially obstructed or what cabin # you were considering. I've been in some that were not that obstructed at all. For example, I would keep a cabin on deck 6 that is partially obstructed if it was mid to aft on the ship, as opposed to regular verandah far forward on the ship. I also don't like the cabins on the port side directly above the smoking areas, as the smoke can drift up to your balcony, obstructed or not. FYI - on the S class ships, partially obstructed verandahs on deck 6 usually mean you can see out to the ocean just fine, but if you look down you will see the lifeboats.

All of the cabins on located in the same area of the ship...mid- to mid-aft. Current cabin on Deck 6 port, unobstructed view cabin on Deck 7 port, and concierge cabin on Deck 9 port. Smoking area is on Deck 5 port....correct?

I love Concierge! Pre-embarkation priority check and boarding, embarkation day lunch in the MDR, welcome blanc d blanc wine and fruit in your stateroom and pre-disembarkation lounge with coffee and pastries...plus the better location on board ship. It's a winner to me.

Thanks for this additional information.

Thanks.

Some of the CC rooms are located in better areas of the ship so I suggest you take a look to see what rooms are still available and then look for reviews on this site on the stickied thread to see if you think this is worth it for you or not.

The CC perks are pretty much pointless other than additional points, but these are only important if the Celebrity loyalty program is of interest to you. So I'd check the rooms location and go from there personally.

Like others though I'd upgrade from the partially obstructed room.

All of the cabins on located in the same area of the ship...mid- to mid-aft. Current cabin on Deck 6 port, unobstructed view cabin on Deck 7 port, and concierge cabin on Deck 9 port. Smoking area is on Deck 5 port....correct?

Here's one smoking thread detailing where you will find them. There are a number of threads, just do a search for smoking on the main Celebrity board. All the S class ships have the same areas for smoking.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2433092&highlight=smoking