Need thoughts on these Miami hotels

amallison

Just confirmed, you are correct. They will not actually take the money out of my account, they will simply place a $100 hold on my card until checkout. Once we checkout, the hold will be released.

Thank you for bringing that to my attention. As someone who travels overseas for work this is something I’m familiar with so it doesn’t bother me.

Ok,I have heard of people getting surprised there because they didn't know. And during our busy times, they put a $500 hold which can throw some people off.

Enjoy the area. There will be a lot for you to do around here with your friends.

Ok,I have heard of people getting surprised there because they didn't know. And during our busy times, they put a $500 hold which can throw some people off.

Enjoy the area. There will be a lot for you to do around here with your friends.

Thank you for looking out for us! Do you have any restaurant recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for looking out for us! Do you have any restaurant recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just answered on the other post you did.

What kind of atmosphere, cuisine or price range are you looking for? There are so many choices around here. Some better than others, some trendy and some great!

• 7 months later...
Hampton Inn, please explain " it's not a full service hotel"

Generally I think it means that they do not have a lot of the typical amenities associated with higher end hotels… No room service, probably not a valet or bellhop, no concierge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are considering the Fortune House and I'm curious about your experience. How walkable is the area? Debating between Fortune House and Hampton Brickell for pre-cruise overnight. thanks!!

As far as walkable, it’s the same area so don’t worry about that. Fortune House is right down a side street (14th) off of Brickell Ave and Hampton Inn is on a side street (12th) off of South Miami Ave. South Miami is the street west of Brickell Ave. The hotels are blocks from each other.

Hampton Inn is a tad closer to everything, but not that big of a difference.

Hampton Inn, please explain " it's not a full service hotel"

This particular hotel isn't considered a full service hotel because they don't have a restaurant nor do they offer any kind of room service. They do have the breakfast in the morning of course.

This particular hotel isn't considered a full service hotel because they don't have a restaurant nor do they offer any kind of room service.

In looking at the map, there are plenty of restaurants and a supermarket within spitting distance of the Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Miami Brickell Downtown. I had also selected this hotel also because of the distance to the transit system.

In looking at the map' date=' there are plenty of restaurants and a supermarket within spitting distance of the Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Miami Brickell Downtown. I had also selected this hotel also because of the distance to the transit system.[/quote']

There are tons of restaurants and two supermarkets within a short walking distance. I live within spitting distance of the Hampton Inn! You are also within steps to the metro mover station, trolley stations as well as the metro rail.

It's just not a full service restaurant because the hotel itself doesn't offer a restaurant nor room service.

Past Celebrity Eclipse 03/18/18 we stay in the Marriott Biscayne Bay, great hotel and friendly staff. Yes we receive a free upgrade to a suite with a view to the cruise ships, Thanks to all the staff at the Hotel. We dinner seafood at the Casablanca, it's in the same waterfront that the hotel. The booking was the pre cruise pack that includes the breakfast and the transportation to the pier. This is a photo I take from the balcony. The Silhouette and The Eclipse together, in the middle Disney Magic.

29366221_2054660654776728_3018597865686564864_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=15b6e136701053dae5f23f2aaf974599&oe=5B877315

Do any of these have the park and cruise deals? Our first time out of Miami so not a clue about the hotels there. Thanks for any help.

I’ll post the link, the Hampton Inn on Brickell has a deal.